JustKeepDigging

May 2, 2013
Jupiter, FL
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
PRL-1 Whites, Tesoro Sand Shark, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this coin in my grandpa’s collection. Any ideas?

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1532900789.975159.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1532900803.263716.jpg

It´s not a coin, its a Jeton as the first picture reads in funny spelling, I read "Ietton"

Obverse: Friedrich Wilhelm III, King of Prussia. He ruled 1797 to 1840. That seems to be an early portrait soprehaps also the jetton is early in the reign.

Transverse: A bird (prussian eagle?) Flying over..... its nest???. Inscription: Freedom is my element.

Funny that an prussian king portrait is associated with freedom imho......

Greets namxat

Upvote 0
It´s not a coin, its a Jeton as the first picture reads in funny spelling, I read "Ietton"

Obverse: Friedrich Wilhelm III, King of Prussia. He ruled 1797 to 1840. That seems to be an early portrait soprehaps also the jetton is early in the reign.

Transverse: A bird (prussian eagle?) Flying over..... its nest???. Inscription: Freedom is my element.

Funny that an prussian king portrait is associated with freedom imho......

Greets namxat

Friedrich Wilhelm III and the Prussian Army were key players in the defeat of Napoleon in 1813. I'd say getting Prussia out from under the yolk of the French was a type of freedom. Gary

Upvote 0
Friedrich Wilhelm III and the Prussian Army were key players in the defeat of Napoleon in 1813. I'd say getting Prussia out from under the yolk of the French was a type of freedom. Gary

You got a fair point in that, also he released the last serfs and opened way for an multitude of other reforms ..... so I agree for an prussian king he o.k.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back