✅ SOLVED What is this Blue Mineral?

SCUFFLES

Apr 27, 2019
Quebec Canada
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this blue mineral today as I was walking down a trail. Is it just some type of Quartz or is it something else?

IMG_1426.jpg

IMG_1431.jpg

tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard SCUFFLES! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

Also, You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) - members may have more success helping you (your location may help, etc.).

Upvote 0
Welcome to Tnet from Toronto! :hello:

You also might want to consider re-posting your find in this Tnet forum... Rocks/Gems

Dave

Upvote 0
what part of the country are you located?

Can you scratch it with your fingernail and leave a mark?

Does it feel soft or an oily feeling on your fingers?

Upvote 0
Amazonite mineral specimen

Based only on the picture: its color and mineral cleavage appears to show it to be the mineral Amazonite, a Microcline Feldspar; with a tecto-silicate composition of potassium alumo-silicate: KAlSi3O8.

Attachments

• il_570xN.1648025650_amgt.jpg
    il_570xN.1648025650_amgt.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 48
Upvote 0
Solved imo by geochem. Amazonite was my first thought. I see a fair amount of it in the rock shops around here in Colorado. They find it in Teller county Colorado.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back