Vietnam, Saigon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• gas station.jpg
    gas station.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
I can remember at least one when I was a kid. Believe it or not, it was in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada, on a back road to Yosemite, the building had a board sidewalk, and the gas pump was a hand lever, and the gas was pumped by hand up into a glass top that had measuring lines on the glass. And it was right along side a rotting away wooden water trough and hitch rail for tying horses. One half of the building was a general store, the other half a bar. There was a pool table in the bar, and my cousin and I would play pool while my uncle had a beer or two. Over the years there was probably an unimaginable amount of money that changed hands in that bar, buying and selling cattle. Paralleling the hiway through town there was a straight away quarter horse race track with starting gates. If kuger sees this, I'll bet he's been there and recognizes where I'm talking about.

Upvote 0
The first one i ever saw was in northern mexico outside of the desert town of saltillo in about 1975. I was riding a motorcycle from corpus christi texas to mazatlan mexico on the pacific coast. The name of the gas was Pemex, and it was a bright blue color.

I never saw another until i made it to vietnam. They do have some more modern gas stations here as well. Once in awhile you see the old hand pumps in the remote areas.
anyway...thanks for looking.

Upvote 0
lol, never saw one. It wouldn't work anymore these days. Well, not in the US anyway.
Everyone drives HUGE trucks and SUV's, that thing would be empty with one vehicle and the vehicle wouldn't be full.

It'd be a good 'lil business to have around seaside or lake beach areas where scooters are used.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back