what is it

I recently invested 57.00 on amazon for a jewlers test kit.Was a great decision.consider the kit with the scale,acids including plat.stone,files,diamond tester,loop.I went back through a bunch of old finds and scored over 4oz in silver.Then went through a five gal bucket of slag and stuff....bam...another 2 1/4 oz silver.

It is possible that the 244 could be the weight in grams,just a thot...cool find tho
pat

I recently invested 57.00 on amazon for a jewlers test kit.Was a great decision.consider the kit with the scale,acids including plat.stone,files,diamond tester,loop.I went back through a bunch of old finds and scored over 4oz in silver.Then went through a five gal bucket of slag and stuff....bam...another 2 1/4 oz silver.

It is possible that the 244 could be the weight in grams,just a thot...cool find tho
pat

Thanks for the info I'll look into that kit you never know. What you found!!!

Many years ago, plumbers used blow torches, gas operated, pressurized torches, to heat large quantities of solder. In high school, in the late 50's, we had to learn how to use one in Ag class.

The solder came in large lumps much like the item shown. Of course, as lead in plumbing was prohibited, those days are gone.

That does NOT mean that thing is solder. I just add this for younger folks who may not know how things were in those days.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back