What I didnt find today

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
What I didn't find today

Anything good or cool. I finally got the nerve up to go to this old house that was torn down last week. Spent about an hour and a half detecting. I found about four lumps of unidentifiable metal (squashed cans I think) and some type of tool which wasn't even buried but just laying in the grass! I'm hoping to go back with my husband to help me dig because there are a lot of really big tree roots that I can't get through by myself. What a bummer! I had such high expectations for this place too. I'm hoping to go back there tomorrow..........we'll see. For as old as this house was, I just can't believe that there is nothing there. Wish me luck!

vicki

Upvote 0
Re: What I didn't find today

Hi Vicki...hope you have better luck next time at that house! I was "born and raised" in Lake Mary, FL...there are times I wish I was still down there! Sanford has A LOT of old houses that'd I'd love to be able to detect. Most of my family still lives in that area so guess what's getting packed on the next trip south! LOL

Keep practicing...maybe the neighbors know who owns that property so you could get "official" permission to be there. That alone would help you relax and listen and I bet you'd find some good stuff!

Have fun....Barbara

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back