What does it say?

metalworker

Aug 8, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, hope you are all doing good. I have not posted in a bit but have been busy. Hope your 4th went well. I have been out a few times once to my friends he has a lot of land only went out for a hour found 2 45 mercury dimes he kept one and a wheat penny spill coins dated 1909 to 1929 and there was 6 in the hole. Hope he has me back. We talked more than hunted had been a while since I saw him. I found a old knife at a park looks like a butcher knife it is a newer park on some old land. But for my question today I stopped by my parents house, so my son could mow and I brought my detector. Me and my brother always hunt it lol seems we always find something, house dates to the 40s but the maps show the road going through at least to the 1800s. But anyways I got a deep faint signal so I dug. It was every bit of 8 inches down and was this ring. Now it seems to be a gumball machine ring with Chinese writing. Neither me nor my brother remember it and the depth really puts it past our childhood. I am no spring chicken lol but I find our toys at generally 2 inches. I have found a 1898 barber dime here so it has some age. As well as square nails and across the street in the woods is the foundation of the first house in the area if I can ever get permission for that I would be tickled. So sorry for the long post but anyone know what the ring says? Again my guess is it is either a gumball ring or maybe a souvenir ring but just curious what it says, thank you in advance and happy hunting. IMG_20170708_211100.jpgIMG_20170708_211053.jpgIMG_20170708_211046.jpgIMG_20170625_145454.jpgIMG_20170617_163028.jpg

Metalworker, I have No idea what is "says", but I really like it. Question is what is it made of?, any markings inside? America needs to know. In the photo it does not appear to plastic at all, and about 8" deep?

Upvote 0
No it is not plastic, when I was young the quarter gum ball machines gave out metal rings, mostly a tin gold painted type with adjustable band, I have included a picture of the back for you. My guess is me or my brother or extended family got it from a gum ball machine most likely 72 or so. Thanks to nhbenz the only mystery for me is how it got so deep. It was about 18 inches from the lilac shrub so maybe a root drug it down over time?IMG_20170709_093607.jpg

Upvote 0
Thank you for the information I thought it might say something along those lines. I appreciate the response.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back