Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
...that dont reply back here on the WhatIsIt Forum? To me its very annoying.

Many members will start a new thread, post pictures, ask questions and never even bother to check back for the answer. Whats up with that? Members here have worked very hard solving quite a few threads this past week and the OPs arent even bothering to read it. I wont mention names but go back and look at the threads I responded to. In my rough estimate, its happening now 50 percent of the time.

Does anybody have any idea how to correct this problem? Does anyone else see it as a problem?

I dont care if the OP doesnt say thank you but please at least respond with some kind of acknowlegement and/or update. I feel like I have wasted my time replying and/or researching.

Now this does not apply to the polite 50 percent who have been diligent answering questions, updating and acknowledging the replys.

Last edited:
I agree Bigcy, but then again some people were raised with manners and respect, others weren't. We can't fix those who lack proper forum etiquette, all we can do is press on and hope that maybe they will learn.

Also I think some get an answer that they like, whether right or wrong, and just leave. While others don't get the answer they are looking for, IE they think it's one thing (Though never stated) when the answers start coming in and they don't match their ideals and just leave.

Mike

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for your thoughts. Ill check back later. Got to go sorry.

Im considering posting the offenders maybe it will help.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back