What do you do with your finds?

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I throw my coins and non-valuables (including lead weights, scrap metal, golf balls, kids toys, hot wheels, misc old pieces of junk jewelry, etc.) into a big dutch oven and about twice a year (end of summer and end of winter) I roll up the coins and take it to the bank and then go out and buy a nice old coin with it or something I really want. Kind of like my fun money should be spent on something fun. ;D

Upvote 0
Thanks for the complements on the frame... I used a thin black foam for a backing to keep the coins from sliding around...
I have always heard that lead is only hazardest if swallowed. If you handle it, it Will get on you. Just do like your mama use to tell ya, and don't chew your finger nails... ;D I would imagine if you handled it all the time, eventually it could, or would, soak through the skin...

To get rid of lead, look for someone that also buys old car batterys..
I had a bunch of lead sheet about 8x8x1/8" with a hole in one corner (handy) had a wire tied through it, and it laid around the yaer for about 15 years.. I finaly took the powerwasher and cleaded it up, threw it in the truck along with a bunch of aluminum siding, and took it to a metal recycler.. The lead got me a buck a pound (about .60 U.S. a pound I suppose)

The LC jar is not full yet Coinshooter, i only have two in there now. Hoping to add many to it in 05 8)

If I actually had enough time to hunt and have JARS or trunks or whatever full of coins, I would seed the local parks to keep rival MDer's happy and more importatly, BUSY!!? ?;D? ?Meanwhile, I would be out alone hunting all the old nice spots!

Actually I would probably roll it and put it into checking...and proudly dispay all the silver and rares...and fill up some coin books.

With 4 grandkids 10 years and under, I have gotten some coin folders for pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters and have almost 2 complete sets of clad from the mid 60's to 2003 with all mint marks. Gave one set to one G-kid already and another ready to go. It's an inexpensive gift and they can add to it from new coinage if they want and if they spent it, its no big disaster. When they get older and find out how I got them, maybe Grandpa with get a detecting buddy.

IS IT SPRING YET???????
DFXDude on the frozen tundra of Western Minnesota.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back