Attachments

• tag CW 005.JPG
    tag CW 005.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 956
  • tag CW 008.JPG
    tag CW 008.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 942
This might be it. Description included.

This is a solid brass fob with raised cobalt blue enameling. It is shaped in the form of a four leaf clover. Inside the enameling in raised letters it says, "STATE OF NEW YORK" all surrounding the state of New York's seal. a little over 1 1/8" across and 1 3/8" tall.

Attachments

• clover.jpg
    clover.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 896
Upvote 0
Looks very similar to the state seal of NY in the center of the tag (it does say State of New York after all). Could the background shape be a four leaf clover? Lucky watch fob?

Upvote 0
looks amost like a dumbell, but too far apart, i think. Are they lead? Do you have something for size comparison?

Attachments

• dumbell.jpg
    dumbell.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 819
  • dumbell.jpg
    dumbell.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 824
Upvote 0
Fast_Dave said:

This is a solid brass fob with raised cobalt blue enameling. It is shaped in the form of a four leaf clover. Inside the enameling in raised letters it says, "STATE OF NEW YORK" all surrounding the state of New York's seal. a little over 1 1/8" across and 1 3/8" tall.

Thanks that is what this is. Mine has been in the ground since just before the end of the Civil War so
it don't look so good. Great ID'ing thanks again.

i appreciate everyones information on this.

bigcypresshunter it is lead.

Upvote 0
Fast_Dave said:

Now we know what it is. But, we can't tell of it belonged to a Union or Confederate soldier.
I think maybe Confederate. This was where they prepaired to attact the Union forces.
Doe's it have any value. I don't sell what I find. Just like to know what it's worth.
This is a very good hunt area I have, only one other person has permission to hunt here.

Upvote 0
plehbah said:
The watch fob probably dates to 1900-1945 by my estimation, and would not have any sort of wartime military affiliation.

It certainly may have been lost by a returning veteran however, with a little state pride.

Good information, I wanted to know about it, even if it was not lost in a battle.
A piece of the past, from a veteran of the Civil War would be cool.

Upvote 0
Do those lead "dumbell" balls look like bullets? If they do, approx. what caliber are they? What kinda metal is connecting them? I wonder if that could be fired in a gun? :icon_scratch:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back