What are these rock samples?

MrGneissGuy

May 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So I found these rocks about 25 feet deep in a flood layer in the "Whittier Narrows" in Whittier, Los Angeles approximately. We had been digging through sand until we hit this layer of cobbles. The materials was oddly red and black. I posted some pictures before I washed them, so these are after the wash. I also found this piece of like lava or basalt or something, originally I thought it was a meteorite or a piece of iron or copper nugget or something. It's the small black one with the holes...

Red Quartzite type thingy

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Second Red Quartzite type thingy

Meteorite thingy

Black rock stuff thingy

Please post pictures. Most of us on here don't open links. Last time I did, it crashed my computer.

Upvote 0
Roger that. Ya I tried to but I'm still figuring out this website and how to link specific things. By the way that's just imgur links, a widely accepted safe website for looking at pictures. All of Reddit even uses it.

Upvote 0
Roger that. Ya I tried to but I'm still figuring out this website and how to link specific things. By the way that's just imgur links, a widely accepted safe website for looking at pictures. All of Reddit even uses it.

If you notice in the toolbar, there is a little square icon with a tree on it (3rd from left). Thats what you use to upload photos. Nice finds, by the way.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back