What are som good colors to paint the back ground on my display frames?

I think your just gloating that you have enough stuff to fill 35 frames....

:icon_thumright: :headbang: :icon_thumleft:
/I would too

Personally I like the red background because I think it shows off the pieces a lot better. Since I don't find a lot of red flint or other artifacts that are red in color the red works really well for me. I too have also seen the green and the blue and both look really nice. I guess it just comes down to you personal preference. Try all three and then lay some pieces out on them and see which one you like the best.

Also, be sure to post the pics when you are done so we can all drool over them . lol

I have one frame and made it and finished the background as a stained wood and hot glued the points to the background. It looks really nice because it makes it look a little rustic and the wife likes it because it matches the rest of the house that way I can hang it in the living room. Anyother color and I would have to hang it in another room and visitors wouldn't see it first when they came in. With your style of atrifacts it doesn't matter what your background is because they are so good.
Jake

If they are tight mount or pressure frames that keep items inbetween the backer and glass, I'd just buy the foam inserts and use those as a backer instead of painting. They are certain to more gentle on relics, and the paint/chemicals won't stain any bone or other porous items. Aside from the many standard cases I've bought and traded for over the years, I have a lot of odd size antique frames, converted picture frames, etc. that aren't standard size, I just buy the bigger inserts and cut them to size.

I usually get a bundle of them from Steele's Display cases, he's at all the shows. I couldn't find his website, but Bluegrass Case was easy to find on google.

http://www.bluegrasscase.com/products.php?id=10

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back