All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• P1420511.jpg
    P1420511.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 186
  • P1420512.jpg
    P1420512.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 184
Not a jewel, it looks like a broach that had rhinestones or something else set in each leaf. Can you post a picture of the other side?

Upvote 0
I think it's beautiful. And if it were just a bit smaller I would say it's a pin-style hair barrette that's missing the pin. But at that size, I would guess that it's a very decorative hat pin.

Upvote 0
second picture it is other side....

Upvote 0
Okay, then the way that I see it is that your find has a front and back and the second picture depicts the back. Back in the 60 and 70 brass wall hangings were popular. My mother had lots of them, outlines of plates, fans, peacocks, etc, filled in with leaf and feather arrangements. Your find makes me think that it was part of a brass wall hanging.

1960'S brass leaf wall hanging - Google Search

Upvote 0
Looks to me more Art Nouveau and this would be older than 60s-70s more in the 20s-30s...
8,5 cm is ok for a hair barette, or hat pin, but how was it attached? What kind of metal is it made of?

Upvote 0
From the reverse side it looks a bit bent. If it were straightened out it would possibly have a concave shape to it and that would lead me to believe that it is a type of hair piece. It would have been kept it place with a pin run through the outside loops. Just a thought.

Upvote 0
THATS A EARLY PEICE SIMILAR TO ONE I FOUND BUT MINE HAS STONES IN IT ..

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back