What a Fantastic Day! 😍 xx

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Well as predicted woke up to rain bucketing down… so waited a couple of hours before heading out, when we got to the field we had planned to do, the Shoot was lined up, so we did an about turn and went back to the fields we have spent many happy hours in!

My first offering for you is why I love this hobby so much, an absolutely stunning horse harness pendant, it is hinged at the top so the middle bit moves, all complete no damage…just mind blowing awesomeness! Then a buckle, belt loop (as I now shall call all these!) bag seal, prong, buckle, Roman Fibula.. another buckle, musket balls, small, strange lead thing, buttons, my 1874 Victoria silver and his slick Willy! 😂

I did find a crusty Roman and he found 4.. but he has them as I’m not trusted with cleaning them! 😅xx

I still can’t believe I found the pendant, the stuff of dreams for me! Gale force winds ad rain forecast tomoz…. So not sure if we will be out! 😔.. but hopefully it will turn around like it did today! xx

IMG_6424.jpeg
IMG_6426.jpeg
IMG_6427.jpeg
IMG_6428.jpeg
IMG_6429.jpeg
IMG_6430.jpeg
IMG_6431.jpeg
IMG_6432.jpeg
IMG_6433.jpeg
IMG_6434.jpeg
IMG_6435.jpeg
IMG_6436.jpeg
IMG_6438.jpeg
IMG_6441.jpeg
IMG_6416.jpeg
IMG_6420.jpeg
IMG_6422.jpeg

Upvote 9
Well as predicted woke up to rain bucketing down… so waited a couple of hours before heading out, when we got to the field we had planned to do, the Shoot was lined up, so we did an about turn and went back to the fields we have spent many happy hours in!

My first offering for you is why I love this hobby so much, an absolutely stunning horse harness pendant, it is hinged at the top so the middle bit moves, all complete no damage…just mind blowing awesomeness! Then a buckle, belt loop (as I now shall call all these!) bag seal, prong, buckle, Roman Fibula.. another buckle, musket balls, small, strange lead thing, buttons, my 1874 Victoria silver and his slick Willy! 😂

I did find a crusty Roman and he found 4.. but he has them as I’m not trusted with cleaning them! 😅xx

I still can’t believe I found the pendant, the stuff of dreams for me! Gale force winds ad rain forecast tomoz…. So not sure if we will be out! 😔.. but hopefully it will turn around like it did today! xx

View attachment 2174773View attachment 2174774View attachment 2174775View attachment 2174776View attachment 2174777View attachment 2174778View attachment 2174779View attachment 2174780View attachment 2174781View attachment 2174782View attachment 2174783View attachment 2174784View attachment 2174785View attachment 2174786View attachment 2174787View attachment 2174788View attachment 2174789
That's an awesome hanging pendant.
What era, as I don't recall ever seeing one before.
Well done on the silvers, is the slick Willie a love token?

So it turns out to be a bumper crop of recoveries.

Well done.

That's an awesome hanging pendant.
What era, as I don't recall ever seeing one before.
Well done on the silvers, is the slick Willie a love token?

So it turns out to be a bumper crop of recoveries.

Well done.
It is isn’t it! Don’t know age …will look now… was so excited I wanted to post it before research xx

Yes it’s bent so I think that means it is? 🤔 xx

Thank you … god it’s the best feeling ever when you find something like that isn’t it?! Xx

That charm is a top shelf find for sure. Looks very old. I saw the slick coin and immediately thought love token as well. Great day in the dirt you had blossom. 👍

Awesome ancients. Yow and wow congrats!!

Horse hanging pendant. What the heck were them old timers up to?
It's upside down from any that come to mind for me.
Horse collar mounted (Swinger type Terret / Fly terret.)
1729371333613.png

1729371461773.png

Awesome ancients. Yow and wow congrats!!

Horse hanging pendant. What the heck were them old timers up to?
It's upside down from any that come to mind for me.
Horse collar mounted (Swinger type Terret / Fly terret.)
View attachment 2174793

View attachment 2174795
I think it was the early version of ‘pimp my ride” 😂…

i know the ones with the coat of arms on were a form of ID in battles.. etc! xx

It is isn’t it! Don’t know age …will look now… was so excited I wanted to post it before research xx
14th-15th C. seen this type but not had one & yes nice to see it still attached.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back