🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Went to a potential new site today and found a curiosity.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
What do you suppose this mound with a stamped number represents?

Screenshot 2023-08-18 at 7.24.29 AM.jpg

Other oddities and photos from the site:

Screenshot 2023-08-18 at 7.25.45 AM.jpg
Screenshot 2023-08-18 at 7.25.07 AM.jpg
Screenshot 2023-08-18 at 7.20.39 AM.jpg

It looks like various parts of old horse drawn farm equipment I bet if you do some searching you will find some really interesting parts that would make a nice flower garden or landscaping display If you get a chance post more pics

Upvote 1
neat old stuff. Wondering about the stamped piece too. I was almost thinking something to do with a gravesite, like maybe pet cemetery.but obviously there would be a name not a number. That big piece in pic 2 is iron? Wonder what that is?

Upvote 1
neat old stuff. Wondering about the stamped piece too. I was almost thinking something to do with a gravesite, like maybe pet cemetery.but obviously there would be a name not a number. That big piece in pic 2 is iron? Wonder what that is?
It looks to me like it was a repurposed wagon axle. The spindle has been reworked into a point. Strange piece for sure.

Upvote 1
It looks like various parts of old horse drawn farm equipment I bet if you do some searching you will find some really interesting parts that would make a nice flower garden or landscaping display If you get a chance post more pics
I will definitely take some more photos when I get back there. Should prove to be an interesting site. Might be a week or so since it is so bloody hot!

Upvote 0
creskol, the numbered piece appears to be part of a base with another part at about the 11 o'clock position. Not sure what the number represents.

Upvote 1
I am curious to see more pictures from this site I am guessing it was once a farmers parking spot for his equipment .There appears part numbers on some of the item to be axle and hub parts along with larger wheel and drive parts The numbers also appear to be cast into the items . those types of ID where common in the 1700 & 1800's You most likely have located items that are not common . But at the same time are not really valuable. But regardless of who much they may be worth they are an interesting piece of history

Upvote 1
the big iron tool remind me some well drilling tool

Upvote 1
Looks like a brick with the numbers stamped or formed in it to me. Seen a lot of old ones like that.

Upvote 0
Looks like a brick with the numbers stamped or formed in it to me. Seen a lot of old ones like that.
I will need to look again when I go back, but I don't think it was a brick.
Screenshot 2023-08-22 at 7.21.12 PM.jpg

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back