🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Well or trash pit?

Nathan W

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2023
There's two large craters about 10ft from each other. This area is behind park I work. The overlay map doesn't quite put the supposed house right here but this is the only thing of interest I've seen. There's iron and brick barely Poking out of the ground in spots and a ton of signals. The areas around it are hard to swing from the briars. Is this most likely part of that homesite?

Attachments

• IMG_6836.png
    IMG_6836.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
How big are the craters? I'm no expert on privies, but at 10 feet apart, that's what would guess. Apparently, back in the day there was method to where the outhouse was placed. When the hole got full, they just moved it a few feet to one side or the other using the dirt from the new hole to fill in the old one.

Upvote 2
How big are the craters? I'm no expert on privies, but at 10 feet apart, that's what would guess. Apparently, back in the day there was method to where the outhouse was placed. When the hole got full, they just moved it a few feet to one side or the other using the dirt from the new hole to fill in the old one.
Probably 6 or 7 ft in diameter

Upvote 0
No that I think about it I would say 4-5 ft around and not 6-7

Upvote 0
A lot of them were on skids, so dig a hole, hook up a horse/mule, drag a few feet and viola…..new crapper

Upvote 0
There's two large craters about 10ft from each other. This area is behind park I work. The overlay map doesn't quite put the supposed house right here but this is the only thing of interest I've seen. There's iron and brick barely Poking out of the ground in spots and a ton of signals. The areas around it are hard to swing from the briars. Is this most likely part of that homesite?
Back hoe time 😏

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back