Greenie
Apr 23, 2013
Maine
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I found Something other than Clad Pennies....Finally :headbang:

4 1/2 hrs at the School football field about 50 digs for the time frame (I was not feeling that great due to my back injury it was killing me)
Strange how it went away when I pulled this out of the ground.....:laughing7:

Finally found my first silver

1942 Quarter @ 6"

1942 Silver Quarter 1.JPG1942 Silver Quarter 2.JPG

1943 "P" Mint Nickel @ 5"

1943 P Niclke 1.JPG1943 P Niclke 2.JPG

Not Pictured...who really wants to see my junk finds anyway unless their interesting ....

Well except this button
SAM_3455.JPG

Found 3 clad quarters, 6 dimes 19 clad pennies and the usual metal junk (the Quarters,6 pennies and 2 dimes were all in one hole....:icon_scratch:
I'm also starting to run into the non beavertail pull tabs now....found 6

See you all later as I have a date with a field......

Upvote 4
Welcome to t-net & BIG CONGRATS on your first silver quarter! :icon_thumleft:
I like your quarter's dark toning which gives highlights to Washington and the eagle -- they have aged gracefully as have I who was born in the long-ago year of 1942, lol - I have lots more wrinkles than your George does :laughing7: .
You'll be finding more nice silver in the future, often where & when you least expect it. As to aching back, wise to take frequent breaks to let the nerves & muscles relax a while before charging forward for more finds. It's taken me over 2 years to start following my own advice to slow down - happily now I have much fewer aches & pains in my shoulders and ankles now that I take breaks. Looking forward to seeing your next finds! Andi

Nice Finds!

I also use the AT Pro, what numbers did the quarter and nickle show up at?

Thats silver for you it gives energy and makes things more better!!

Nice Finds!

I also use the AT Pro, what numbers did the quarter and nickle show up at?

Hi BryanM362
Well....
The Quarter (using Pro mode coin) Rang in at a 96-97(I've only had it ring in this high twice, 1 was the Quarter the other was a big crushed soda can)
The Nickel (same mode) rang in at a solid 53

The problem I have is I want to dig "All' of my hits...looking for "gold 50 to 75ish" I have been digging allot of clad pennies and I mean allot, in the 50 to 60 range (which I just started to dig real hard) I'm finding its about 4/5's pull tab's but you never know till its out of the ground...I laugh allot as most of the pull tabs are edge on and look like a silver coin at first...

FYI the ground is soft to dig & moist the school has 2 football fields 3 baseball fields and 1 soccer field I've only been in 1 field so far!)

Last edited:
Great Day, Great Finds. Still looking for first silver Washington. HH

Hi BryanM362
Well....
The Quarter (using Pro mode coin) Rang in at a 96-97(I've only had it ring in this high twice, 1 was the Quarter the other was a big crushed soda can)
The Nickel (same mode) rang in at a solid 53

The problem I have is I want to dig "All' of my hits...looking for "gold 50 to 75ish" I have been digging allot of clad pennies and I mean allot, in the 50 to 60 range (which I just started to dig real hard) I'm finding its about 4/5's pull tab's but you never know till its out of the ground...I laugh allot as most of the pull tabs are edge on and look like a silver coin at first...

FYI the ground is soft to dig & moist the school has 2 football fields 3 baseball fields and 1 soccer field I've only been in 1 field so far!)

The numbers really help. I'm getting to where I don't dig anything under 50 (Iron), and rarely anything between 75 and 79 (Zinc Pennies) and if the number is jumping around... 55, 84, 76, etc... That usually indicates trash. I love to see solid repeatable 84 - 99! That's usually a dime, quarter, or silver.

Do you have any other pointers to share for the AT Pro?

@ BryanM362, I dig 50 to 65 all the time if I can get a solid number.....don't forget that's the gold range :laughing7: as far as pennies go yah 75 to 80 seems to be where their at. Dimes seems to be 81 to 84, quarters well 87 to 95.

Metal bleachers are a solid 99 LOL! was checking around the grand stand when this happened thought I'd found my first dollar piece....

Going to the beach for the 2nd time(different one) this coming week to try my luck...stay tuned....for a report on my beach finds good luck on your MD'ing

Congrats on your First - and Many More!! :icon_thumleft:

Great finds, congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back