Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Hello every one hope to contribute to the forum my real name is alex and 56 young i am based in taree nsw australia i have been detecting for 2years now been prospecting since i was 8 i mainly dive the swiming holes around here and get up to the gold feilds a couple times a year i am currently building a 12v hookah to go with a tracker4 i waterproofed wich works great hope to get to know a few of you folks cheers tooter

My name is Georgia, I live in Texas, and I found the site quite by accident. I did discover a treasure of sorts-found a Dutch Baluster Wine Glass from 1737. I found the site by accident looking up the ship that was etched on the glass, called the Hogersmilde. I decided since I have been a fan of old things forever, I would join. I have been interested in getting a Metal Detector for some time, but have not yet invested in one.

new member here. does anyone live near Bethlehem pa that would be interested in going on a hunt soon maybe by this weekend the 15th of august 2015

Hi guys. New member from Scotland. I've been collecting coins since I was a young lad but recently took up metal detecting (a couple of years ago). Love all things treasure related.

Not really new but moved from NH to Martell, ca in hopes of finding gold. Just retired here looking for others looking for gold in my are.
If yr near Amador county and or Jackson, Sutter Creek, Martell towns give me a shout I have a few toys Sluice at home.jpgBlue Bowl setup.jpgJobe river sluice Me.jpg

Hello from south central PA. Glad to join the site. I'm relatively new to metal detecting but recently found what I think is a Roman Coin. How do I go about verifying if its truly a real Roman coin, versus a medallion, versus somebody's long lost souvenir from visiting Europe. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello from south central PA. Glad to join the site. Looking forward to learning a few things from you gentlemen and ladies as I am relatively new to metal detecting as I recently retired.

I am from St. Louis MO have been artifact hunting for years have interesting pieces looking for retirement treasure

Hello everyone I'm a new member from Western New York state. Just recently retired and am getting back into the hobby. This looks to be a very informative site and I look forward to learning from the members and veterans of metal detecting.

Hello, I am the newest newbe I guess. This is all very overwhelming but I will keep going forward until I am out in a field detecting for a hobby. We live in Idaho and tried to join a club in Boise, but turns out to be one of those frustrating sites that you just keep going in circles and no one to contact. So... here I am. Anyone else live in Idaho?

Hey, Hi, Hello, What's Up? Not only am I struggling to decide on what metal detector I want I am not quite sure how to post. I'm Rick from Virginia Beach and want to start hunting the surf like the 1000 other guys that I see out there.

I'd like to visit I know it is a great city, beautiful, nice climate and low crime rate.

New to detecting and having fun. Work with an ace 350 and a pioneer 202. Ace being the favorite, but I have 4" coil on 202 for picking around bottle cap/pull tab infested pavilions . Mostly been cutting my teeth in tot lots and have accumulated about $35 in pocket change since early July . Most notable finds have been a co tax token from around the 30's-40's, a late 70's Susan b , and a 1951 wheat penny. Found the Susan b and wheat penny in the wood chips at a park right down the street from my house and coinage seems to replenish quickly at this park. Haven't found any good jewelry yet, but I tend to get annoyed with trashy stuff and just start shooting coins most of the time. I have also found several "trucker" sunglasses at local mud volleyball pits. One pair , my daughter actually uses. Fall soccer and football seasons are kickin in and hope to find fresh jewelry soon. Also starting to try and target schools that are from the 50's in the hopes of finding some late silver coins. Happy hunting

Hi all,
I think this is where I am to post that I am a new member.
My user name is toolmanbutch, I am from Upstate NY., Retired. Married 46 years.
I have done a small amount of Hunting using my Bounty Hunter. I met a man that really got my juices flowing to dive into this Treasure Hunting experience. I have a place near Melbourne, Fl, and I want to start going to the Treasure Coast. I am looking at the Mine-lab Excalibur 11 for my Treasure Hunting in the Salty Environment. Any infor is welcome.
Looking forward to reading this Forum.
Butch

Hi
I am a new member and I joined because I live about 4 miles from a Butterfield station site and a Mormon Bn camp site near Casa Grande Ariz
I need help finding where the Stanwix station is.I have read 3 or 4 books and they list different locations and even different names
I am retired and served in the Marine Corps.

Hi
I am a new member and I joined because I live about 4 miles from a Butterfield station site and a Mormon Bn camp site near Casa Grande Ariz
I need help finding where the Stanwix station is.I have read 3 or 4 books and they list different locations and even different names
I am retired and served in the Marine Corps.

Rwdiii, welcome to TreasureNet and thank you for your service. I'm ex air force....

What kind of detector are you swinging?

Rwdiii, welcome to TreasureNet and thank you for your service. I'm ex air force....

What kind of detector are you swinging?

Don't treasure hunt anymore,but am interested in old western trails and old army forts.
Ian also interested in saving the old WW11 Patton camps of Ariz and Calif Desert

I posted a few days ago in the wrong spot I think. Just want to say hi and see what you all have to say. Looking foward to all the information.
I did have a welcome from a Moderator who was very nice with information on types if Machines I may need. Still learing on how to navagate this site
Butch

Tried it and I'm all about it.....fish a lot at local lakes/rivers and go to beach pretty regular-getting a kayak so I think I should have a detector of sorts.
I ride a motorcycle most of the time- a Go Find is on the list to pack up- shopping for the workhorse - Vaquero is on top of the list...today... changes daily :)
Peace.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back