Welcome to the newly upgraded TreasureNet.com!

I like it so far. I particular 'like' that I have more options to click on than just 'like' about a post. If some ol boy posts his wife ran off with his best friend, his truck got re-po'd, his mom got ran over by a train, he got evicted from his house, and lost his job, it was a little awkward to click 'like' on that sort of post.

I like it so far. I particular 'like' that I have more options to click on than just 'like' about a post. If some ol boy posts his wife ran off with his best friend, his truck got re-po'd, his mom got ran over by a train, he got evicted from his house, and lost his job, it was a little awkward to click 'like' on that sort of post.
Now the bases of most CW tunes right there-you just missed the part about the dog. :laughing7:

Though it's a great option as is the feature that allows the emoji use on the phone now.

When the C64 came out, we were cutting a notch in the floppy to make them double sided before the manufacturer did! But my geek days went away after Windows came around. Remember PINE for sending messages/psuedo e-mail ? ╦╦C

I still use mutt (a newer version of pine) for system emails! Just took this screenshot for ya!

So it was available for all the regular members before, as one could do a 20,40 per page view.
Most forums have this as a standard setting.
Oh well, it sounds like my insurance company, pay more for the standard policy. 😅

If it was available previously without a Charter Membership then I think we can make it the same here. I'll double check that.

Attachments

• mutt.jpg
    mutt.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 35
Any news on non-website accesses? Tapatalk is currently not working which is how I view on the mobile device. Is that a dead app for my purposes now?

Any news on non-website accesses? Tapatalk is currently not working which is how I view on the mobile device. Is that a dead app for my purposes now?

Unfortunately yes. It was a necessity on the old software, but the new software works quite well on mobile. Sorry to bring you bad news :(

We know that change can be a difficult thing. We put off upgrading as long as we could. The old forum software hasn't had any new features or releases in a couple of years. In addition the old software did not support encrypted connections (HTTPS) nor many new technologies that make the site both more secure and much faster to browse.

To sum it up, it was broke and we had no choice but to change. With that change will come some growing pains.... the new software won't be exactly like the old software. We are going to be working over the next couple of weeks to make the transition as easy as possible. We'll be adding features as we go along.

We just got the site up and running after a long day of converting it to the new software. It's not 100% -- In fact, I'd say we are at about the 10% mark. So you'll notice the look changing, some add-ons will be added, and we'll have to implement some of the features that we had custom coded on the old site (banner finds for example).

Please be patient with us as we tackle this gigantic job!

Fixes/Additions
  • HTTPS Certificate Installed/Working
  • HTTP/2 & Gzipped Content Installed/Working
  • Original Poster Flare Added
  • Attachment Image Optimization (Currently Running....)
  • Added the ability to hide signatures (Via: https://www.treasurenet.com/account/preferences)
  • All previous smilies are imported and work
  • Look/Feel Changes (Also Ongoing)
  • Multiquote Enabled (Quote multiple messages in 1 Reply)
  • Automatic Thread Thumbnails added (See Description below)
  • Banner Finds/Golden Threads Replacement In progress...
  • Likes/Likes Counter has been restored.
  • Thread prefixes have been adjusted and include Emoji's now.
Priority Issues
  1. Banner Finds System (In progress...)
  2. Fix Usergroups Banners & Upgrades (Bronze/Silver/Gold/Charter)
  3. Get old Menus going (The Hunt Starts Here, etc.)
  4. Get old Likes imported to new system

The site is running on new hardware and with the software updates you should notice the website is MUCH faster. It also works very well from mobile, which the old software did not at all.

Automatic Thread Thumbnails / Added 9/29/2021 @ 12:30pm
We've added the ability for the software to automatically add a thumbnail to the thread based on the attachments in the thread. By default it will choose the first image you upload. It replaces your avatar with the thumbnail on the thread list. When you are making your thread you can also select which thumbnail image to use, and after you post you can also update the thumbnail on the thread view page by clicking the image/your avatar and looking for the pencil/edit icon and clicking on it. More information is available here: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/thread-thumbnail-by-addonslab.6265/

We can enable this for all forums, think we might put that up for a vote once people get a bit more used to it.

Golden Threads / Banner Finds
We are working on a new version of this since the old one will not work with this software. I've got some going and we'll be changing the appearance, features, etc... so it's a work in progress. You can see the "Golden Threads" on the Forum Index page for now. More info on the modification here: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xtr-golden-threads.7891/
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to the new experience.

We know that change can be a difficult thing. We put off upgrading as long as we could. The old forum software hasn't had any new features or releases in a couple of years. In addition the old software did not support encrypted connections (HTTPS) nor many new technologies that make the site both more secure and much faster to browse.

To sum it up, it was broke and we had no choice but to change. With that change will come some growing pains.... the new software won't be exactly like the old software. We are going to be working over the next couple of weeks to make the transition as easy as possible. We'll be adding features as we go along.

We just got the site up and running after a long day of converting it to the new software. It's not 100% -- In fact, I'd say we are at about the 10% mark. So you'll notice the look changing, some add-ons will be added, and we'll have to implement some of the features that we had custom coded on the old site (banner finds for example).

Fixes/Additions
  • Added the ability to hide signatures (Via: https://www.treasurenet.com/account/preferences)
Priority Issues

The site is running on new hardware and with the software updates you should notice the website is MUCH faster. It also works very well from mobile, which the old software did not at all.

We've added the ability for the software to automatically add a thumbnail to the thread based on the attachments in the thread. By default it will choose the first image you upload. It replaces your avatar with the thumbnail on the thread list. When you are making your thread you can also select which thumbnail image to use, and after you post you can also update the thumbnail on the thread view page by clicking the image/your avatar and looking for the pencil/edit icon and clicking on it. More information is available here: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/thread-thumbnail-by-addonslab.6265/

We can enable this for all forums, think we might put that up for a vote once people get a bit more used to it.

We are working on a new version of this since the old one will not work with this software. I've got some going and we'll be changing the appearance, features, etc... so it's a work in progress. You can see the "Golden Threads" on the Forum Index page for now. More info on the modification here: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xtr-golden-threads.7891/
Its time for me to go.

From a post Jeff of Pa made on admin forum, it will help all members.

For those not aware the dot on left side changes colors when thread is read so you will know what threads have been read, when new post is added the color returns
------------------------------------------------------------------
JeffOfPa

OK This one seems to be Solved.
in Todays Finds I clicked on Silver and Platinum from the Park.
the Red Dot turned White And the Bold Type went away

0ab.jpg

Last edited:

I stopped posting about 1 1/2 years ago,...... but I still come here to read in the morning and in the evening.

Never was a problem, to click on a picture to see it full size.
Now, if you click on a picture to view it full size, a page jumps up saying that you have to be logged in to, blah, blah, blah.

I used a magnifying glass and that works pretty good.
Then I thought about all the other people that come here
just to read.

Is there anyway to restore the function that when you click on a small picture it gets bigger, then when you close it it returns to the smaller size without having to login?

I stopped posting about 1 1/2 years ago,...... but I still come here to read in the morning and in the evening.

Never was a problem, to click on a picture to see it full size.
Now, if you click on a picture to view it full size, a page jumps up saying that you have to be logged in to, blah, blah, blah.

I used a magnifying glass and that works pretty good.
Then I thought about all the other people that come here
just to read.

Is there anyway to restore the function that when you click on a small picture it gets bigger, then when you close it it returns to the smaller size without having to login?
No you have to log in, but you don't have to log out.

Btw,... i noticed some lag in "insert quote"

Abnormal lag that is.

No you have to log in, but you don't have to log out.
I'm fine with using a magnifying glass, but there are a lot of people that have enjoyed reading, and viewing the pictures, that now are going to miss out.

Not speaking up for me,..... I was thinking of all the other readers out there.

Fixes/Additions
  • Number of posts/threads/conversations per page is adjustable on a per user basis.
Priority Issues

Hello. I am a creature of habit and do not like change; however, I have a feeling I am really going to like the updated site once I get used to it. Thanks for all your hard work. Few questions though, if I may. First, I was on the Banner board before the upgrade, which I think are now called Golden Threads. However, my profile shows no Golden Threads and my post is not highlighted with the other "recent" Golden Threads even though some of them were awarded before mine. Is this just a timing issue given the amount of programming you guys are doing? I am proud of my Banner and might never get another one, so I am hoping it is restored. Second, I see the aggregate likes are now in everyone's profile as a Reaction. However, are the likes for the individual posts prior to the upgrade now gone? For example, my Banner post had about 180 likes, now it has none. Lastly, will a persons profile shown on the left side of an individual post eventually show whether they had a Banner or Golden Thread? i oftentimes click on the Banners of people that respond to my posts and others. I apologize if these questions are premature or asked already, but I am curious. Thanks again for your hard work and efforts.

I'm fine with using a magnifying glass, but there are a lot of people that have enjoyed reading, and viewing the pictures, that now are going to miss out.

Not speaking up for me,..... I was thinking of all the other readers out there.
All they have to do is join and log in, you do not have to log out so you will be able to view the pictures any time at full size, it is the advantage of being a member.

Hello. I am a creature of habit and do not like change; however, I have a feeling I am really going to like the updated site once I get used to it. Thanks for all your hard work. Few questions though, if I may. First, I was on the Banner board before the upgrade, which I think are now called Golden Threads. However, my profile shows no Golden Threads and my post is not highlighted with the other "recent" Golden Threads even though some of them were awarded before mine. Is this just a timing issue given the amount of programming you guys are doing? I am proud of my Banner and might never get another one, so I am hoping it is restored. Second, I see the aggregate likes are now in everyone's profile as a Reaction. However, are the likes for the individual posts prior to the upgrade now gone? For example, my Banner post had about 180 likes, now it has none. Lastly, will a persons profile shown on the left side of an individual post eventually show whether they had a Banner or Golden Thread? i oftentimes click on the Banners of people that respond to my posts and others. I apologize if these questions are premature or asked already, but I am curious. Thanks again for your hard work and efforts.
Still to Come, Honorable Mentions will Hopefully be addressed Also

Still to Come, Honorable Mentions will Hopefully be addressed Also
Site is still being built, per admins we are about 25%-30% done, more to come.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back