Weekend Hunt nets 6 coins and a silver necklace w/ pendant!

kleinerschmitter

Aug 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Excalibur II, Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello all,

This past Saturday I went detecting out on some land that used to be an old community picnic area and lake. I only found 6 coins but they were all good, first I found the 1890 Indian Head Penny (my oldest coin and 2nd Indian). Then I found a 1944-D Wheat, a 1942-D nickel (not a war nickel), 1929-D Buffalo, 1927-D Wheat and finally the 1928-D Wheat. Most of the finds were actually not at the picnic area, I found a silver necklace with what I believe is a handmade silver pendant hammered from a silver quarter and those were at the picnic area. I'm not sure what the stamp on the front of the pendant means. The necklace chain is marked 925 in several places. Most of my finds were on the slope of what used to be a lake out there but the dam broke and since then has been long gone. There are still many acres to hunt out there, I was there for 8 hrs and barely scratched the surface, there are a ton of .22 caliber shells which hit a solid +58 on my G2, exact same as a nickel. I must have dug at least 100 bullet casings to get those 2 nickels. I didn't take a picture of it but I believe I also found a melted silver dime at the picnic area, it rang up on the detector a little under the dime area but it's misshapen and it weighs the same as a silver dime and sounds like silver when dropped, also not attracted to a magnet. Sorry about the photos, they were taken in a hurry!

photo (4).jpg
photo (5).jpg

Upvote 0
Nice finds kleinerschmitter, from the sounds of it- you have a lot of detecting to do there, and great finds to find. HH yelnif

That it's logo of the YO ranch -Texas, which is a huge ranch near San antonio,great for hunting big game.
Congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back