• Digging With Rocky 021 (2).jpg
    Digging With Rocky 021 (2).jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 575
  • Digging With Rocky 022 (2).jpg
    Digging With Rocky 022 (2).jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 578
gypsyheart said:
The ram-headed snake
A distinctive ram-headed snake accompanies Gaulish gods in a number of representations, including the horned god from the Gundestrup cauldron, Mercury, and Mars.

Celtic Lore
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.kernunnos.com/deities/cernunnos/images/coin_ramsnake.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.kernunnos.com/deities/cernunnos/&h=192&w=200&sz=10&hl=en&start=5&tbnid=FOi1t06TGcn1BM:&tbnh=100&tbnw=104&prev=/images%3Fq%3D%2Bram-headed%2Bsnake%2B%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DG

Hahahaha..Gypsy, Gypsy,Gypsy..... :o :o :o :D

Upvote 0
gypsyheart said:
The ram-headed snake
A distinctive ram-headed snake accompanies Gaulish gods in a number of representations, including the horned god from the Gundestrup cauldron, Mercury, and Mars.

Celtic Lore

Yeah, what she said.

As to it's purpose in real life, I have no idea. I just know I want to stay FAR away from anything that gnarly looking. I say re-bury the thing before some curse befalls you.

Upvote 0
Whatever it is, let's not lose sight of the one truly important thing here:

Kill it before it crawls!

Upvote 0
gypsyheart said:
Did the long tail on this break off....it was on in the begining photos ,but is missing now

Unfortunately it was broken when dug :(..i just didn't include it in the new photos

Upvote 0
Romans often combined the Serpant with the Ram as a tribute to the gods. Lots of crazy idols back then

Upvote 0
as for as what i think it might be is,i belive a bolt went thur the hole and the part that looks like a leg went down in another part for a lock on a barn door or even inside a house.Just thought id add that.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure what it is, but I think I caught a live one one day while fishing. It was so strong it pulled me and my boat nearly a mile down the lake and then went ashore on a small island. Before I could get a good look at it , it climbed a tree and flew away! ;) That one won a liars contest one year, but I wasn't the author. Seriously,for some reason Indian comes to mind, like East Indian, not Native Averican. Some of their old gods had heads of different beasts and the elephant was one very commonly seen. Monty

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back