We Have a few Bad Apples in our Ranks....

Barnum have you any sense of humor? I think not! My standards are straight trippin! :tongue3:

Anyone hunting cemeteries gives our hobby a bad name... Hunting the parking areas is not an issue, hunting inside the cemetary where the graves are is.....

Who is hunting a cemetery? I haven't seen this post I guess. I never have, but as long as your not grave digging, would it be any different than mowing the grass between the graves? A coin lost is meant to be found. HEY I may use that as my new sig. But seriously people lose stuff everywhere. Is a graveyard that taboo, maybe.? Would be interesting to see what every ones opinion on that would be.

Hunting a graveyard gives the hobby a black eye, we have had many threads on it.... Not going down that road again.....

Last edited:
Either what u think but last I check these machines dnt go down 6ft.

I think that it gives the hobby a stench in the eyes of people who could care less about metal detecting. I would think that most folks with average intelligence would not view it as such. The majority of people however, does not have average intelligence, it is somewhat below average.
Proof of this is the recent politicians who have been elected by the majority.

Roy

Make no bones about it, many gold teeth are still waiting to be recovered due to target masking.

Either what u think but last I check these machines dnt go down 6ft.

Has nothing to do with depth, average citizen see us hunting a park, private yard or beach most want give it a 2nd thought, but see someone hunting between grave stones and they see us as grave robbing at most and as disrespecting the dead or families of the dead at the least, hence why I said gives metal detecting a bad name...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Has nothing to do with depth, average citizen see us hunting a park, private yard or beach most want give it a 2nd thought, but see someone hunting between grave stones and they see us as grave robbing at most and as disrespecting the dead or families of the dead at the least, hence why I said gives metal detecting a bad name...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Treasure hunter is right....100% right... even a new detector can see that....we as people who enjoy the hobby already have issues from both the public and police....just for looking in the parks and schools...we are seen as "vandals" in the public eye. Cemetery hunting would be the end of this great hobby. It doesn't take but one isolated incident to make that happen....maybe someone decides to dig up a grave Friday night and a fellow metal detector decides to hunt the area Saturday morning..... there is no way in hell people will be live the md'r didn't dig it....that's a path we never want to take. It won't end well for us.

I think metal detecting in a cemetery is the same as grave robbing there are many people who put trinkets around head stones as a memorial to their loved ones.

I think metal detecting in a cemetery is the same as grave robbing there are many people who put trinkets around head stones as a memorial to their loved ones.

I agree. I know of someone whose grandma was buried without her wedding ring. They found it in the house several days later. He dug a hole at the grave (similar to what we dig) and buried it. That ring needs to stay where its at.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back