VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dman's Orthopedist told him "NO metal detecting for two weeks and only 30 minutes a day (preferably NO detecting) until his next appointment in May. I guess hunting all day long for two days in Arkansas recently didn't help but Dman would rather have the relics than a rest-LOL. His wife says she's going to take the batteries out of his SE and F75 LTD-LOL.
Josh and I both had business in a nearby town with a large U.S. Camp so I suggested that we hunt 3 hours while we were there. I dragged Josh kicking and screaming to the site as he'd never been to that particular hill-LOL. He asked me yesterday if we had ever found any relics there. I said "only the saddle shield that was pictured in North South Trader's Civil War Magazine and about 100 or more bullets between Dman and myself". He was immediately sold on the site. As we entered the deep woods, I told him that the fired bullets would be near the bottom of the hill and the dropped ones near the top. About an hour into the hunt, I dug the Eagle button in the 2nd picture and had to listen to Josh laughing about how I would be buying lunch for the Trio until Fall as the grass was growing so fast. I had the last laugh when Josh came off the hill as we were leaving and confessed that he had found an Eagle button also. I HAD to call Dman and he can't wait to see Josh. Josh dug the period harness buckle and his first dropped .50 cal. Smith Carbine bullet today. The bullets there have a dark patina even after cleaning and don't look all that hot but we had fun today anyway. Josh had the old "I left my wallet in my truck" excuse and I had to buy lunch anyway. I think Dman wants to discuss that with him too-LOL. Happy Hunting from Dman, Josh, and myself, Quindy.

My YTD CW Relics =173

Attachments

• US Camp with Josh 4-1-11.jpg
    US Camp with Josh 4-1-11.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 839
  • Quindy\'s GS Eagle 4-1-11.jpg
    Quindy\'s GS Eagle 4-1-11.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 844
Upvote 0
Nana40 said:
Poor Burt. :-\ I can't believe ya'll would temp him with all those goodies. I think he should at least get to ride along and which ever of the two of you (Brad or Josh) finds the buttons, buys Burts lunch too. :laughing7: :thumbsup:

Nana ;D
I like the way you think.
Burt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back