water hunting help?

KinjoVT

Jun 7, 2006
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Prizim IV, BHID, GTAX 400, GTA 350, and a few others
Hello all,
I have asked for help before and now I must ask again. I tried water hunting for the first time today with a new detector. I did not find much except a dime and two pennies. I have never ground balanced a detector before, but with the Whites BH I have to. Here is the question do you ground balance in the water or on the beach; and how do you know if and when your detector needs to be ground balanced again? Any help on water hunting would be great. I did not get a lot of signals but I think I will like beach hunting almost as much as land hunting!!

Upvote 0
This is easy. Ground balance on dry sand to hunt dry sand. When you move onto wet sand you need to ground balance again for the hunting wet sand. Try to stay in one or the other. You will need to check your ground balance occasionally and if it raises or lowers the threshold, a fine adjustment is necessary, no big deal.

One of the most useful things you can do is KEEP the coil level to the ground and over lap the sweeps by nearly half. I know you move slower this way, but it is like straining the top eight inches of sand throughly instead of the top two inches. The finds will come, you just have to put your coil over it. Sounds to simple doesn't it......You have a good machine, trust it.

Good Luck,
Sandman

Thanks Sandman!
Headed out now to give it a try. Hopefully I will be able to recover something interesting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back