Washington Mint 1998 4ozt Silver Proof Million Dollar Bill

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
OK guys, so I've been able to find out enough about the Washington Mint products, but I have not been able to find a recent sale of specifically the 1998 Million Dollar 4oz. piece. The COA says the mintage for this year was 25,000 so I'm not sure if that's a lot or a little by comparison.

Does anyone have any resources detailing the mintage of similar pieces? Is anyone able to put a value on this other than melt value? Thank you in advance!

IMAG1127_1.jpgIMAG1131_1.jpg
IMAG1129.jpg

My gut feeling is that it's probably worth just melt value. I don't think the mintage really makes a difference.

'Completed listings" in Ebay will give you an indication of the value of comparable sales. Simply note the sales price and divide by the weight will give you an estimate of value per ounce that you can then compare to the price of silver on the date of sale. I haven't done the math but suspect the prices actually achieved are just slightly over melt--a premium for the novelty value of the item. And from that figure remember to reduce the 'net' by the expense incurred by the seller.

Don......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back