WASHINGTON: Gun Owners Under Assault URGENT ACTION REQUIRED!!!

KarenD

Feb 15, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
URGENT: Washington Gun Owners Under Assault
URGENT ACTION REQUIRED!!!

By: R. Clayton Strang (Diary) | March 9th, 2013 at 11:12 PM | 1

The Seattle Times reported last night that Washington State legislators are being lobbied hard this weekend by anti-2nd Amendment groups. These legislators are being pushed to support Washington’s HB 1588, which effectively outlaws private firearm sales. If you need to familiarize yourself with this bill, I’ve written about it previously here and here.

There are some Democrats being lobbied such as Rep. Steve Kirby (D, 29th LD) and Rep. David Sawyer (D, 29th LD). Rumor has it that Vice President Joe Biden may even be calling the Democrats in an attempt to secure their allegiance to the anti-2nd Amendment agenda of the POTUS.

The most urgent action is needed with the Republicans that are being pressured into supporting this bill. Below, you’ll find a list of Republicans that 2nd Amendment defenders and liberty lovers must contact urgently! Please contact them immediately and demand, even plead if necessary, that they support the Constitution and honor their oath of office. If you can’t get a hold of them, leave a message and call them back. Tell them not to support HB 1588. No compromises and no deals! All we require of them is to stand on traditional Republican values and defend liberty!

I’m being told that the vote on this bill might happen on Monday, March 11, so your urgent action is vital!

Rep. Linda Kochmar (R, 30th LD)

(360) 786-7898

Rep. Mike Hope (R, 44th LD)

(360) 786-7892

Rep. Mark Hargrove (R, 47th LD)

360) 786-7918

Rep. Steve O’Ban (R, 28th LD)

(360) 786-7890

Rep. Cathy Dahlquist

(360) 786-7846

Rep. Hans Zeiger (R. 25th LD)

(360) 786-7968

Rep. Drew MacEwen (R, 35th LD)

(360) 786-7902

Rep. Chad Magendanz (R, 5th LD)

(360) 786-7876
Rep. Maureen Walsh (R, 16th LD)

(360) 786-7836

Rep. Terry Nealey (R, 16th LD)

(360) 786-7828

URGENT: Washington Gun Owners Under Assault
URGENT ACTION REQUIRED!!!

By: R. Clayton Strang (Diary) | March 9th, 2013 at 11:12 PM | 1

The Seattle Times reported last night that Washington State legislators are being lobbied hard this weekend by anti-2nd Amendment groups. These legislators are being pushed to support Washington’s HB 1588, which effectively outlaws private firearm sales. If you need to familiarize yourself with this bill, I’ve written about it previously here and here.

There are some Democrats being lobbied such as Rep. Steve Kirby (D, 29th LD) and Rep. David Sawyer (D, 29th LD). Rumor has it that Vice President Joe Biden may even be calling the Democrats in an attempt to secure their allegiance to the anti-2nd Amendment agenda of the POTUS.

The most urgent action is needed with the Republicans that are being pressured into supporting this bill. Below, you’ll find a list of Republicans that 2nd Amendment defenders and liberty lovers must contact urgently! Please contact them immediately and demand, even plead if necessary, that they support the Constitution and honor their oath of office. If you can’t get a hold of them, leave a message and call them back. Tell them not to support HB 1588. No compromises and no deals! All we require of them is to stand on traditional Republican values and defend liberty!

I’m being told that the vote on this bill might happen on Monday, March 11, so your urgent action is vital!

Rep. Linda Kochmar (R, 30th LD)

(360) 786-7898

Rep. Mike Hope (R, 44th LD)

(360) 786-7892

Rep. Mark Hargrove (R, 47th LD)

360) 786-7918

Rep. Steve O’Ban (R, 28th LD)

(360) 786-7890

Rep. Cathy Dahlquist

(360) 786-7846

Rep. Hans Zeiger (R. 25th LD)

(360) 786-7968

Rep. Drew MacEwen (R, 35th LD)

(360) 786-7902

Rep. Chad Magendanz (R, 5th LD)

(360) 786-7876
Rep. Maureen Walsh (R, 16th LD)

(360) 786-7836

Rep. Terry Nealey (R, 16th LD)

(360) 786-7828

And I'm sure the NRA is not "pressuring" anyone at all !!

Sure, the point being that everyone is being lobbied by both sides. This is what we called politics. I find it particularly funny given of course that the NRA is one of the largest and most well funded lobbying groups in the country.

I found the use of words in the release such as
"lobbied hard", "being pushed to support", "Republicans that are being pressured into" to be pretty funny.

And of course my favorite ... "Rumor has it that Vice President Joe Biden may even be calling the Democrats in an attempt to secure their allegiance to the anti-2nd Amendment agenda of the POTUS."

But I. The end I fully support anyone to use the political process to voice their preferences, beliefs, etc, etc. this is the American way.

Lets pray people wake up! Soon before it is illegal to even fart.....

Well they do say that second hand fart is a killer!! I hear they are thinking of banning farting in restaurants and bars.
LOL! :laughing7: My wife would attest to second hand farts are for sure a killer. She thought the family dog was a gonner once!:laughing9:

[video=youtube;t4G_-dPGqrM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=t4G_-dPGqrM[/video]

Got to hit the sack, good chatting. I should look you up some time when im in Maine. Will be starting to head back up a lot now that the weather is getting warmer.

And I'm sure the NRA is not "pressuring" anyone at all !!
I hope they are!. To bad only a portion of their funds are for lobbying. There's plenty coming from the other side too. Out law private sales why? If for a background check we are back to why is the law prohibiting felons from attempting to buy a fire arm not enforced? When they fail a check they just walk away and shop else where.
More laws for the law abiding that the criminals laugh at.

Last edited:
Yup sounds good I need to get up early as well. It is always fun chatting. Give me a shout when you come up.

Dem's Dilema-commit political career hara-kiri or face a drone

I'm sorry, but your little animated reply caught me off-guard... (I was unable to contain myself and fell out of my chair, laughing on the floor, wildly.)

This is subject is no laughing matter. However, I believe that any elected official who backs this bill would be committing a political career 'hara-kiri.' And they KNOW IT!

All people who support the 2nd in wa, get in touch with rep Matt Shea, he is a hero in Washington state. Do it now!
Thank you Karen it has been a few days since i checked on the shenanigans over in Olympia.
p.s. we are tired of seattle deciding what the rest of the state is or is not. But thats why the libs fight the rezoning!

2013 REGULAR SESSION
Jan 31 First reading, referred to Judiciary. (View Original Bill)
Feb 13 Public hearing in the House Committee on Judiciary at 8:00 AM. (Committee Materials)
Feb 19 Executive action taken in the House Committee on Judiciary at 10:00 AM. (Committee Materials)
JUDI - Executive action taken by committee.
JUDI - Majority; 1st substitute bill be substituted, do pass. (View 1st Substitute) (Majority Report)
Minority; do not pass. (Minority Report)
Feb 22 Passed to Rules Committee for second reading.
Mar 9 Rules Committee relieved of further consideration. Placed on second reading.

am I alone here?

p.s. the NRA is lobbying hard in wa state. And i am glad for it!

I'm sorry, but your little animated reply caught me off-guard... (I was unable to contain myself and fell out of my chair, laughing on the floor, wildly.)

This is subject is no laughing matter. However, I believe that any elected official who backs this bill would be committing a political career 'hara-kiri.' And they KNOW IT!

Your absolutely right . I just could'nt print my reply to the quote .........Citizens need to contact thier Reps .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back