Want to learn privy and dump digging

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
Anyone digging any privies dumps in Upstate NY any time soon? You should take advantage of the nice weather while we have it. next week its supposed to get cold and pretty much stay cold until spring. I would love to tag along and learn. I won't keep any of the stuff found. You can keep it all. I just want to learn how to look at or read/date a trash heap (if such a thing is done), where to start, how far down to dig etc, and how to persuade the landowner for permission. Getting permission to detect is easy, but I would have to think that it isn't too easy to convince a landowner you are going to dig a very large hole in his/her yard where the outhouse used to be.

Hey Skrimpy....I was thinking about getting into it just for the bottle's,Big buck's if you can find the right one's or even some of the older one's.Try googling privy digging,I found some cool site's,privydiggers.com is pretty interesting.I've got the old homesite's but never thought about diggin the crap hole's.Good luck if you go but you gotta dig.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back