wanna see something cool?

moonshine

Dec 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di/Pro, E-Trac
check this out. my uncle works in construction and the job they were on, they had to tear out some old sewer. he found a bunch of stuff and wanted me to take a look at it. i know everyone here will get a kick out of this. it was all stuck in the bottom of the sewer. pretty nasty but yet pretty darn cool too.

theres a bunch of old american silver, foreign coins, tokens, etc. IH pennies, wheats, a 2c coin, V nickles. etc. i havent gone through everything yet.

Attachments

• DSCF1180.jpg
    DSCF1180.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,018
Upvote 0
THAT is cool :thumbsup:

I never thought I'd EVER drool over "sewer slaw". . . until now :o

I highly recommend stopping by a local bookstore or coin shop and pick up "A Guide Book of United States Coins" by R.S. Yeoman
That should give you an idea of their value. . . BTW, I wouldn't polish or scrub any of these coins. . . that will ruin their value to a collector.

Great recovery!

What's funny is that other people say "Yuck" and we say "WOW!!!" :icon_jokercolor:
Just boil the crap out of it and it should be fine. Just don't eat with any silverware you find. ;D

Have fun and give us an update.
Mike

im a plumber and anytime we dig up a sewer we always check the house trap for stuff. found lots of coins and jewelry.one plumber i know found a 1 karat flawless white diamond in a house trap.....remember...treasure is where you find it ;D

mistergee said:
im a plumber and anytime we dig up a sewer we always check the house trap for stuff. found lots of coins and jewelry.one plumber i know found a 1 karat flawless white diamond in a house trap.....remember...treasure is where you find it ;D

LOL! I love it, I am going to go home and check my house trap now! I hope nobody flushes while I am rooting around in that stank. :D

Anyway...awesome stash moonshine!! I hope you post the totals and some individual closeups, there is some cool stuff in there! 8)

Steve

My professional also occasionally gets me some manhole sewer silver, I have a few silver washingtons and mercs that I pulled from the nasty depths. I have also heard that a $5 gold piece was found in a poopipe manhole way before I began working here.

Last year it was an eyeball find of a $2.50 gold piece, that was pulled from a road job we were doing. I was backdraggin dirt up with a loader, and a coworker quickly hustled in as I was backing up, picked up something, and quickly put it in his pocket like nothing happened. I saw that and quickly said "What? What did you just find?!" He said nothing...after some coaxing he said it was a quarter eagle, although I never actually laid eyes on it. I'd rather he not have found it and just be pulling my leg, since I'm technically the one who uncovered it with the loader! >:(

It looks like you've got quite a few good finds in there. Do you get to keep any of it?

That's gross, but still cool !

Yea clean out all the treasure, clean up the pieces that are keepers and post them with close ups. :thumbsup: Don't worry about cleaning damage cause they will already grade as Environmentally damaged. :-\ Get some of those rubber gloves, it would be kinda cool to search kinda like a CSI deal. LoL :D ;D

I had a chance to search the bottom of our old outhouse. :o All the crap was biodegraded I only looked down when we tore the building down. Lots of old bottles, :icon_scratch: but this was before I collected coins, and had a metal detector. :icon_study: So I did not look or see any coins, but I'm sure there was at least one or two. :icon_scratch: So guess what happend to all that stuff...?? :dontknow: It was Reburied in 6-8 feet of dirt.... :angry4: :angry5: :cussing:

Awesome finds Keep us updated,

Keep @ and HH!!

MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
That's gross, but still cool !

Yea clean out all the treasure, clean up the pieces that are keepers and post them with close ups. :thumbsup: Don't worry about cleaning damage cause they will already grade as Environmentally damaged. :-\ Get some of those rubber gloves, it would be kinda cool to search kinda like a CSI deal. LoL :D ;D

I had a chance to search the bottom of our old outhouse. :o All the crap was biodegraded I only looked down when we tore the building down. Lots of old bottles, :icon_scratch: but this was before I collected coins, and had a metal detector. :icon_study: So I did not look or see any coins, but I'm sure there was at least one or two. :icon_scratch: So guess what happend to all that stuff...?? :dontknow: It was Reburied in 6-8 feet of dirt.... :angry4: :angry5: :cussing:

Awesome finds Keep us updated,

Keep @ and HH!!

If you still own it you can still dig it back out, Hopefully it would be worth the time an hassale

There is an old german saying "Ein man' s-Scheiße ist ein anderes man' s-Schatz" that gboes something like 'one man's $hit is another mans treasure'

The rule of thumb is not to clean coins. They say it de-values them. I think I would make an exception in this case. :D :D :o

Wow that is so cool...a time capsule fo sorts ;D...I'd love to see some closeups!

dude thats awesome! Congratulations! You should probably soak in it water with soap so you can clean all the nasty stuff off. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

holey crapola.... my hubby is a sewage plant supervision, am calling him to check the traps LOL... what a fantastic find.. I cant wait to see it all cleaned up.. oh what cool goodies..

WOW

Some nice coins there. Are there some rings as well?

Just three words, gloves, bleach and boiling water ( ok, 4 words) :icon_jokercolor:

Would also like to see the haul after it is cleaned up.

Congrats on you pile of treasure.

Ray S

That is so AWESOME!!! Congrats! I counted 12 rings! And what I could see of the coins..>WOW!!! Can't wait to see all this stuff cleaned up! Thanks for sharing!

I guess the old saying "Throwing money down the drain" actually has a meaning to it! Nice finds. Repost once you get them cleaned up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back