🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Vintage Military Issue Eagle Belt Buckle E Pluribus Unum. Horstman Uniform Co.

KDR13

Greenie
Jan 23, 2024
St. Petersburg, Florida
Hi, my name is Kevin (KDR13) I am new to the site and I think it is very nice of people to offer assistance on figuring out what an item is. The belt is in brand new condition in the original tin box labeled The Horstmann Uniform Co. Philadelphia. I purchased this item on Ebay and the seller stated this was from the Civil War/Indian Wars era. The belt looks like it could be fitted with sword straps but none came with it.
Thank you very much for your potential time and effort in helping me with this information quest.

Kevin
St. Petersburg, Florida

Attachments

• Horstmann 1.jpg
    Horstmann 1.jpg
    373.2 KB · Views: 67
  • Hosrtmann 5.jpg
    Hosrtmann 5.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 55
  • Horstmann 4.jpg
    Horstmann 4.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 51
  • Horstmann 3.jpg
    Horstmann 3.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Horstmann 6.jpg
    Horstmann 6.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 47
  • Horstman 2.jpg
    Horstman 2.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 50
  • Horstmann 7.jpg
    Horstmann 7.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
...figuring out what an item is...seller stated this was from the Civil War/Indian Wars era...
tn_md.gif
1st - Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country)...
tn_moved_over.gif
2nd - I moved ya from NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS over to WHAT IS IT? for more exposure.

tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum NEW MEMBER INSTRODUCTIONS Description: New to TreasureNet? Introduce yourself to our community here! Welcome aboard and Happy Hunting!

Upvote 1
That's a really cool find!

Based on my quick Google search makes me believe it's post Civil War era, probably Spanish American war period.

Last edited:
Upvote 2
That looks very similar to one I dug many years ago at a CW location where there was a 2 day battle.
I was told mine was a post-war 1874 model.

Attachments

• bp1.jpeg
    bp1.jpeg
    185.8 KB · Views: 14
  • bp2.jpeg
    bp2.jpeg
    179.2 KB · Views: 14
Upvote 0
tn_md.gif
1st - Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country)...
tn_moved_over.gif
2nd - I moved ya from NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS over to WHAT IS IT? for more exposure.

tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum NEW MEMBER INSTRODUCTIONS Description: New to TreasureNet? Introduce yourself to our community here! Welcome aboard and Happy Hunting!
Thank you!

Upvote 0
tn_md.gif
tn_moved_over.gif

tn_notice.gif
Thank you for the help.

Upvote 1
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back