1.5 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_2381.jpeg
    IMG_2381.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_2379.jpeg
    IMG_2379.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Allowing for a bit of stylistic variation, it looks like it might be the DUI for the US Army 38th Signal Battalion. Active from 1942–1946 and again from 1986–1991 (disbanded 15th June).

38th.jpg

If it's a woman's size, it's probably a 'sweetheart' ring for which stylistic variations are not uncommon. In that case, it's more likely from the earlier WWII period when someone's loved one was on war duty.

Upvote 7
Than
Sort of a Royal Airfforce Wireless Operator logo look to it. https://airandspace.si.edu/collecti...tormechanic-royal-air-force/nasm_A19711803006

What's on the sides

Sort of a Royal Airfforce Wireless Operator logo look to it. https://airandspace.si.edu/collecti...tormechanic-royal-air-force/nasm_A19711803006

What's on the sides?
It is very worn so I can’t make any out on the sides. I’m not even positive there was anything on the sides.
Thank you so much!

Upvote 3
Allowing for a bit of stylistic variation, it looks like it might be the DUI for the US Army 38th Signal Battalion. Active from 1942–1946 and again from 1986–1991 (disbanded 15th June).

View attachment 2161786

If it's a woman's size, it's probably a 'sweetheart' ring for which stylistic variations are not uncommon. In that case, it's more likely from the earlier WWII period when someone's loved one was on war duty.
Thank you very much! This information helps me so much!! That picture looks just like the ring, same amount of bolts and the color orange!

Upvote 4
I don't think it is a class ring but it is a very nice find congrats

Upvote 2
I don't think it is a class ring but it is a very nice find congrats
Thank you very much, I think it is very beautiful & was very much loved. I know it has a story to tell and I’d like to dig and research until I get some of that story.

Upvote 1
Just some random observations...
  • Class rings usually have a date on them. Is there a date?
  • FWIW, I've never seen a woman's ring with that kind of serious wear & tear. This thing has taken some hard use.
  • Some men do have... erm... small(er) hands. Pinky ring?
  • Emblem appears (to me) to be electrical, scientific, or technology-related.
  • Identifying that exact emblem is the key--Captain Obvious
Also, the top of the ring Is a separate piece, not one single mold.
IDK a lot about jewelry making, but this suggests to me that the ring itself may have been some kind of standard base, where different emblems/logos could be affixed for different schools, organizations, etc. This might also explain the side designs(?)

Upvote 1
i wish ALL OUR FINDS COULD TALK AND TELL US THERE STORIES

Upvote 1
Vintage class ring??
Can anyone tell what type of ring this is? It is a women’s size ring, and stamped sterling on the inside. Also, the top of the ring Is a separate piece, not one single mold.
Thanks!
It has a Zuni feel to the inlay choice and what looks like JAC as the artist- as far as the actual maker. The gentleman seem correct below in the logo though?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back