Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• small3.jpg
    small3.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 267
Upvote 0
I would have never seen that. Its small. I have a friend that collects micro drills. Its his passion. You need a loop to see them, He prob has the largest collection in the world. Wild dude.
Thanks for sharing

Regards,
TnMountains

TnMountains said:
I would have never seen that. Its small. I have a friend that collects micro drills. Its his passion. You need a loop to see them, He prob has the largest collection in the world. Wild dude.
Thanks for sharing

Regards,
TnMountains

Thanks man. You know.... many folks look at finds like this as simply flakes but in my particular spot, they are a pretty common find and were clearly fashioned for a purpose. Finding them is easier than you would think because they are white quartz and stand out bigtime on the sand at the waters edge or even better at low tide. I have more than a few of them. The way to tell them apart from a used flake, broken tip from a larger point or chip (beyond the uniformed shape of them), is the even and consistent taper from tip to base. Now... why would they make such small points? Again... based on the fishing nature of the particular Indian Campsite that I hunt in, along with the fact that these are always being washed up in the tide, I have to believe that they were used as spear tips for the smaller fish.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back