Very unique button and engraved silver spoon handle

cabers

Jun 18, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a new spot after work today. Newish park with an old homesite in the woods. 3rd time out with the new legend and hit these 10 ft from each other on the walk back to the car. Loving this machine!
Can’t find any button design online that is an exact match. Guessing late 1800s early 1900s based off the spoon and age of the site. Can’t make out writing in the back. Anyone got an ID?
IMG_0356.jpeg

Thanks for stopping by!

Attachments

• IMG_0355.jpeg
    IMG_0355.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0357.jpeg
    IMG_0357.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 59
Upvote 19
Pictures of the pack certainly would help, but it looks to me to be a War of 1812 button, and I think it's an officer's button too. No matter what it is an outstanding discovery, especially because of the condition it's in!

1820 - 30's Militia button is my guess......I'm no expert though.....very cool......I've never found a button with that much plating remaining

Hit a new spot after work today. Newish park with an old homesite in the woods. 3rd time out with the new legend and hit these 10 ft from each other on the walk back to the car. Loving this machine!
Can’t find any button design online that is an exact match. Guessing late 1800s early 1900s based off the spoon and age of the site. Can’t make out writing in the back. Anyone got an ID?
View attachment 2106173

Thanks for stopping by!
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back