PluGGLife

Dec 21, 2015
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab e-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all. I am new to the hobby and to this forum. I have been detecting for the past 3 months with my AT Pro.

Yesterday I found this very small gold ring in my parents back yard which was built in the 1950's they have been there for 20 yrs.

It looks like a babies ring. It has BJ18K stamped on the inside. I think the "BJ" might be a trademark, but I'm not sure. The ring has an "S" on the front and very small diamonds on each side. Does anyone know who the maker is or what this might be worth? Any info on the ring ?

Thanks

Attachments

• BJ18K-1.jpg
    BJ18K-1.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 249
  • BJ18K-2.jpg
    BJ18K-2.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
possibly HJ instead of BJ. HJ could stand for Herff Jones, a well known ring company. styling of the ring looks to be maybe 1940's to me. value wouldn't exceed melt value unless someone with that initial would like to buy it. the diamonds are too small to really be worth anything. 18k melt value is about 25 bucks per gram right now. I would guess the ring weighs maybe 3 grams

Upvote 0
Cool. I bet you are right. It is hard to make out the letters for sure but you can tell it says 18K at the end. :laughing7: . Thanks for the reply. Jewelerguy!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back