Very Old Earrings? Put your thinking cap on!!

CousinEddie

Mar 22, 2012
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Vaquero, 31" Lesche Ball Handle Sampson Shovel, Lesche Tool, Garrett PP, Ultimate Gray Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just a guess! Part on an old gramaphone (old record player). Needle part that registers speed of the turntable? I think they were nickle plated.

Upvote 0
Interesting guess. I know exactly what you are talking about, the piece that sits above the part that holds the needle. These aren't nickle plated and they are jewelry of some sort. There are nice etchings that can't be seen in the pics. I don't question that they may be earrings, I am doubtful of the age. Maybe it's just because I'm new to md'ing and didn't think I'd be finding old stuff like this. Was just expecting to find pocket change, haha!! He just didn't seem 100% on the time frame and you guys here are really good at id'ing items.

Upvote 0
Parts from a Gunters chain?? Here's a piece l found. Hutch.

Attachments

• w435.jpg
    w435.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 0
Nice!! What's a Gunter's Chain?

Upvote 0
Looks like part of a fob seal to me.Here is a one in my display I found that looks just like it pics. below............
Also here is a site you can see many of the styles they made...........
UK Finds Database - - - UKDFD
Take Care,
Pete,:hello:

Attachments

• IMG_0014[1][1].JPG
    IMG_0014[1][1].JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0002[1][2].JPG
    IMG_0002[1][2].JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 118
Upvote 0
Looks like part of a fob seal to me.Here is a one in my display I found that looks just like it pics. below............
Also here is a site you can see many of the styles they made...........
UK Finds Database - - - UKDFD
Take Care,
Pete,:hello:

THANK YOU!!! They look identical!! That is awesome. So, it's a piece of an 1820 fob seal...nice. Thank you again so much!!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back