Verizon & YouTube

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without getting specific, has anyone noticed in the last month, not being able to stream videos on Youtube despite having good signal?
Streaming X.com videos?

I have downloaded a bandwidth testing app and have noticed certain currently relevant content reduced in quality (reminiscent of 3G) and stop and go video regardless of great upload/download test speeds. I’m talking “treasure related videos”

I have an unlimited plus contract.

just curious.

Since the end of net neutrality, I have my suspicions.
Well the interesting thing with that. Last month the service has been terrible. The signal would drop to one bar and the pages would not load. I’d turn airplane mode on then off and then I’d have full strength signal and great data. Last couple days nothing would work. I called Verizon and they said if I uograded my plan to the Unlimited Plus it would “boost my signal”. Of course it didn’t so yesterday I called again and asked to talk to a network engineer. they said again that they would boost my signal. They kept putting me on hold then asked me to restart my phone (which i’ve done before). Couple minutes later I had full strength signal and great data speeds. This is in an area where my service has always been marginal (even though I’m staring at a tower). I asked them if the change they made was to the tower, the network, or just my phone. She said they have some leeway at customer service to boost signal and its individual phone specific!!

This morning I no longer have fluctuating signal strength great upload/download test speeds (44Mpbs download and 23 Mbps upload), yet certain videos lag and stall - others don’t.

No problem with YouTube on my end.

Without getting specific, has anyone noticed in the last month, not being able to stream videos on Youtube despite having good signal?
Streaming X.com videos?

I have downloaded a bandwidth testing app and have noticed certain currently relevant content reduced in quality (reminiscent of 3G) and stop and go video regardless of great upload/download test speeds. I’m talking “treasure related videos”

I have an unlimited plus contract.

just curious.
Are talking about streaming YouTube videos here on TNet or just streaming them in general using Verizon?

Verizon data speed in general has gone down in my area. It is not youtube specific, just that youtube takes a larger amount to run. Several things could be at play. The phasing out of older networks to switch over to new ones, Throttling of available service or even specific older models of phones to force you to buy a new one that runs on the newer networks(5g and such).

Verizon data speed in general has gone down in my area. It is not youtube specific, just that youtube takes a larger amount to run. Several things could be at play. The phasing out of older networks to switch over to new ones, Throttling of available service or even specific older models of phones to force you to buy a new one that runs on the newer networks(5g and such).

Verizon could be throttling down your service at peak times . I am on ATT fiber optics at home, 1 gig to my router, and I wifi through out my home for devices with out hard connections, through wifi I get about 650mb a sec so still quite fast even on wifi

well I’ve had a 5g phone and plan for over a year. yet to experience it yet. Just like to be able to send a basic text message. ridiculous until they “boosted my signal”

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back