V3I first hours.

Duke

Jun 11, 2009
Woodstock N.Y.
Detector(s) used
QXT
V3I first hours and Gold.

so i used it yesterday for maybe two hours total in a few different spots. u could hardly pinpoint anything! i had a ten inch hole next to a one inch deep bullet slug that i needed my qxt to find. so initial impressions were not good. today i take it to a rec field where i spend an hour and a half. on the very last hole i was going to dig i find this. now it does have the small pewter pendant which is probly what it detected but it a clear signal. i still can't pinpoint high conductors AT ALL, though i dug a legitimate 9 inch zinc penny which is all the confirmation i need to know eventually when i figure it out i can get a 15 silver quarter. so whether or not it only picked up the pewter or what i'm still holding a 3.5 gram 14k chain "marked 585" in my hand after 4 total hours with a v3i. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495162897.712561.jpg i also wanted to add that it does pinpoint fairly well on low conductors. this rang up 7 to 12 vdi and individually the pendant was 12 chain was 4

Last edited:
Upvote 9
super awesome! congrats:headbang:

You will get it. The V3i pinpoints like a laser. Turn down the sensitivity if you have it cranked up. High sensitivity does not equal more depth with the V. It will muddy your VDI's and produce a lot of chatter if you have it too high.

Congratulations on the finds!

The V3i is a very capable machine...enjoy!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back