V Nickel Coin Spill !!!

TxSchelter

Jan 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I was out detecting new spots where the cowboys shot at the indians.
We were at an old school house circa 1900 and found a coin spill!
Found all these coins in the same hole and other treasure at various old farmhouses.
Got a few shotgun shells, some old chain, tack, a wagon step, a piece of jewelry from an indian mission, a snap button that i could not identify, an old sugar spoon and other old treasure.
The spill had V nickels back to 1883 (the rarer one that doesnt say CENTS under the V), 2 Buffalo's, a 1898 Indian, and a few wheaties back to 1915.
Not only my first V but got a rare one and it wasnt alone! My first indian also! Cant wait to go back to these spots what an exciting day!

HH...

okdig11.jpgokdig10.jpgokdig12.jpgokdig8.jpgokdig9.jpgokdig7.jpgokdig6.jpgokdig5.jpgokdig3.jpgokdig4.jpgokdig1.jpgokdig2.jpgokdig13.jpgokdig14.jpgokdig15.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 15
Not a hair clip it is an accordion reed. On the back there should be a letter as to what note it played.

cool spill.....makes you wonder about the story behind that spill!!!

Looks like you have an old iron striker. Bottom row picture with 2 horse shoes, 4 rings, striker is bottom right of pic.

No Kidding! I looked at the back but couldnt find anyting. Heres a pic. Is there a backplate thats missing? If so could you attatch a pic of yours! Thanks for the schooling

View attachment 972011

Not sure where it is right now but yours is in better shape. The one I have does not have the thin metal strip left on it and was corroded pretty bad. If I can find it I'll post a pic. don't think there is a back plate, I'm not sure how it fits in the accordion but was assured that is what it was then I googled pics and that what it was. I was told they had note key stamped on them but with mine being in such bad shape didn't find it on mine either.My thought is maybe only the replacement ones were marked the original may not have been???? All in all a real cool find because where there is music there is people.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back