Utah tax token

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Today I started looking around a vacant lot, I knew it at one time had a old house on it but it burn to the ground. No sooner than I started my mxt was going crazy, I thought it was broken when I slowed down & got good signal. For the next hour and within a 3 foot area I found 42 Utah tax tokens. I know they were produced in 1939 & there was 1 & 5 mill tokens. I also found several large piles of melted metal which at one time were also tokens. This lot is about 3/4 of an acre and you can bet I am going back, next time I hope to find some coin and as everyone would like to do find a little gold.

Upvote 0
bula said:
Today I started looking around a vacant lot, I knew it at one time had a old house on it but it burn to the ground. No sooner than I started my mxt was going crazy, I thought it was broken when I slowed down & got good signal. For the next hour and within a 3 foot area I found 42 Utah tax tokens. I know they were produced in 1939 & there was 1 & 5 mill tokens. I also found several large piles of melted metal which at one time were also tokens. This lot is about 3/4 of an acre and you can bet I am going back, next time I hope to find some coin and as everyone would like to do find a little gold.
Thats got to be some kind of a record 42 of umm try to post a pic....aa

Welcome to TNet!!

Sounds like you have a nice little site to hunt for the rest of the year. . . and more :)

Let us know what you find next. . . Take care,
watercolor

Sounds like you have a real lucrative site to detect.

A pix of the tags would be great if you have a camera. it takes some messing around to get the photos put in your posts but after a couple of times doing it then it is mechanical and is not a hassle any longer. Just a learning curve..

Welcome to TreasureNet and let us know what else you find.

Happy hunting (HH)

Sanat

I do have a camera & will try to post pic. I don't think I even scratched the surface I know there are more of the tokens there but I guess I got tired of picking up the same thing. Had it been a selection of different coins I would have stayed longer, but I had surgery on my shoulder last friday & was getting tired. It is supposed to snow tomorrow so I can rest up & will hit the spot again thursday. I will keep you posted on anything else I find & will attempt a pic if someone will give me the basic on how to get started

Sounds like a fun day. A few years back I was searching around the Capital in SLC and found over a dozen of those tax tokens. I'm not sure if they were lost because of being small and light or if people just got tired of having them in their pockets and tossed them. Get back there and keep us posted what you find!

Did you ever find more information on the Stage line stops?

here is the first attempt to post pics

Attachments

• IMG_0460 (2).JPG
    IMG_0460 (2).JPG
    92 KB · Views: 229
I found a Washington tax token once unfortunately i dropped it down the sink when cleaning it but yeah those are cool nice find

Way to go Bula! I have found hundreds over the years,sometimes as many as 30 in an old dump at a time. I've even found so,e of the plastic ones laying on top of the ground and while sifting. next time I hope you find 42 mormon gold pieces! Kane23

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back