USIS tag

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Dug this up at Tnet member “dirt-eater”’s mother’s House today. It looks like a tag for a dog’s collar and probably predates licensing of dogs. It asks the finder to “telegraph” the number to United States indemnity society, Boston Mass. I can’t find anything on the internet about this organization anywhere. If you know, pipe up and win a prize!!!!

:icon_scratch:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 62
Insurance I.D. Badge Tag put out by USIS. Sort of like a medical insurance card of today.

ETA: There are few shown on the internet from different insurance companies. Look at the back of this one, if hospitalized contact my insurance company.

s-l400.jpg

oooo.jpg

s-l300.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Huh, I couldn’t find anything, can you post a link for me please

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I wasn’t even close, it looks like it would go right on a dog’s collar, but on second thought, the dog would have lost it in 5 minutes. Thank you

Upvote 0
I wasn’t even close, it looks like it would go right on a dog’s collar, but on second thought, the dog would have lost it in 5 minutes. Thank you

Here's a link that mentions the company, they are basically insurance underwriters, this the 1907-1908 yearbook. They are shown on the left column, bottom of second paragraph of page 208.

https://books.google.com/books?id=D...Vs0KHbzTAi4Q6AEwDnoECAgQAQ#v=onepage&q=United States indemnity society%2C Boston Mass&f=false

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks again Mike!!

Upvote 0
Fabulous find Joe and great info Mike!

Dogs might not have needed it then but they sure do now!

Best wishes and thanks for posting!

Upvote 0
Thank you Joe-Dirt for continuing your search on my mom's property. I think this tag is very cool! That property is a tough place due to the massive amount of junk and old nails!! I know it's been a bit disappointing but a 1750's property has had time for junk to pile up! Add this to the 1850 LC and the axe head and it's not a total loss. Praying you hit a nice find if you continue the search and make it all worthwhile!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back