US Military button help

elkboy

Jan 29, 2004
Muncie, IND
Detector(s) used
whites XLT Spectrum
I found five of these US (presume) Army Button. All five were 4" - 5 " deep and in one spot about 3 foot in diameter they have Waterbury Button Co. Conn on the back. The only thing I have come up with is, This style of ( great seal button) was adopted in 1902 until WWII. Some still have the gold on the back. Any info or links will help Thanks & HH Dave

L

LEVERK5102

I found one of those uniform buttons not to long ago. That company was originally founded in the 1800s. They started out making the buttons for the silver war.. My button was either WW1, or WW2. Have not been able to figure out which though. That is about all I can tell you. If you find anymore info, please let me know.

? ? ? Kerry

jag1022

Nov 23, 2008
Socorro, NM
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II sl
I just found one of these buttons behind an old southern pacific railstation in San Antonio NM.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Nice U.S. Army general service Great Seal button. This design was first used by the US Army in 1902, replacing the older pattern "Eagle" buttons that are so often associated with the War of Southern Aggression.

This pattern is still used today.

I would date your button, judging by it's petina, and keeping in mind it's just a WAG - 1960 - 1970s. The back mark indicates it's a modern button.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread