Update: 4th Half Cent from the Steppe Farm...1806

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Hey, dudes, Paco and I went out in search of old American half cents. At about 5:30 p.m., Paco told me that Mrs. Steppe gave him a call and stated, "You better come and detect the field. The corn is getting high." So, it being 6 p.m (Eastern time), Paco decided to call, "Dude, you want to give it a go?" I stated, "Even though I just took a bath, I am ready!"

So, we ventured on a quest for some coppas. We detected the area where I found my Drrraaaped Buuusssst, and in 10 minutes, we were both yelping, "Button!" After about an hour, I stated, "Dude, there has to be another coppa here!"

Then, while we were loafing to the vehicle, at about 8:30, I heard Paco yell, about 40 yards away, "Hhhhaaallllfffff Ceeennnttt!" After hearing those two words, I sprinted to his side in about 4.25 seconds. He handed me the coin and I stated, "Dude, dude, duuuuuuuuuddde, I definitely give you a heeeelllll yeeeaaahhh!" After looking at the coin, I started to detect the next row down from him and I soon got a nice mid-tone...half penny reading...that pinpointed at 1". I plucked some soil out and saw the object, thinking it was another half cent (because it was the same size), I let out a, "OOooOhhhhh!" Then, that was when I saw that it had a shank....DANG! Paco started to laugh hysterically, stating, "That sounded a little orgasmic." :D This is what makes this hobby so great! hehehe

So, our day ended soon after....I found 3 buttons and a Wheat penny, while Paco found 2 buttons and the Draped.

All relics were found on private property with total consent from the landowners. :D

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back