Unusual Interesting Old Bronze Item

Vldetecting

Jun 23, 2017
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro-Pointer, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this bronze item today while metal detecting. It is broken in two pieces, they layed a couple of meters away from each other. It weighs 24 grams and is about 8 cm long. It also appears to have some initials, I can only see an A and maybe one or two other letters. If you know what this item is or know how old it is please let me know, thank you.

3B15073A-5FAF-4A3E-A7ED-BB23CC0D7D59.jpeg467EB7EB-2D9E-4C9F-8A7A-F21A57649AEA.jpegD73EF441-A59B-4017-A057-DD818D7E389F.jpeg

A knife of some kind? Nice find.

Upvote 0
A knife of some kind? Nice find.

It must’ve been sharper if it would’ve been a knife. It would almost impossible to cut something with this item

Upvote 0
Part of the handle of a brass advertisement knife.

2317g1-52.jpg

Popular in the 1920's - 40's.

Upvote 0
Part of the handle of a brass advertisement knife.

View attachment 1616054

Popular in the 1920's - 40's.

Maybe it is but if would be it it’s quite strange cause I found an 1800’s buckle and a coin from 1808 quite close to it. And if it would be an advertisement knife it would be quite strange to put just a few very fancy letters as ‘advertisement’.

Upvote 0
Maybe it is but if would be it it’s quite strange cause I found an 1800’s buckle and a coin from 1808 quite close to it. And if it would be an advertisement knife it would be quite strange to put just a few very fancy letters as ‘advertisement’.

You are free to draw conclusions based on your own knowledge and experience. I can only provide you information.

Upvote 0
It reminds me of the blade of a guillotine type paper cutter in my grade school. (No ,I did not attend school in the eighteen hundreds...)

The recessed side ,notched part was for clearance.

Upvote 0
Does it appear to have been larger, like maybe a third piece could be yet missing? I assume you found this in Sweden? I have no guesses other than what has already been mentioned, but it's a very interesting find. The break gives the illusion of having a separate handle, but the close disproves that. Good luck on the ID.

Upvote 0
Does it appear to have been larger, like maybe a third piece could be yet missing? I assume you found this in Sweden? I have no guesses other than what has already been mentioned, but it's a very interesting find. The break gives the illusion of having a separate handle, but the close disproves that. Good luck on the ID.

These were the only two pieces that were left. I do not believe theres a third piece. And yes, it was found it Sweden.

Upvote 0
These were the only two pieces that were left. I do not believe theres a third piece. And yes, it was found it Sweden.
I believe there is a missing piece, as you can see the break.

Upvote 0
I believe there is a missing piece, as you can see the break.

It was definitely another piece on the other side. But the break that divides the two parts makes the parts fit perfectly so I still believe that there’s no third part of this item.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back