Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Old home site that I and a friend have been looking, Has given up numerous Buttons, An Eagle breast plate a few Bullets
And An amazing amount of Farm debris . We have found 5 or 6 of these usually like the biggest piece, but 2 have come out
like the smallest one. they appear to be cast iron, they have beveled edges (about 45 degrees). And they measure the big
one first: 22 55/64 long, 2in wide at the top, and 1 29/64 just below the flare out. 1 5/32 at the narrow end, and 11/32 thick
all the way. the smaller one measures: 2 5/64th long, 1 13/32 wide at the widest point, 1 15/64 at the narrow end, it's it too
is 11/32 wide. I'm hoping someone out here will know what the things are. thanks in advance. download (15).jpgdownload (16).jpgdownload (18).jpgdownload (19).jpgdownload (20).jpgdownload (21).jpgdownload (22).jpgdownload (24).jpg

They look like busted spokes from a cast iron pulley. All the old flat belt driven farm machinery had those .Ive seen many broken like that. Just a guess though.pulley.jpg

Upvote 0
The piece in the first photo (next to the lighter) looks like a broken wedge used for splitting fire wood. Tennessee digger

Upvote 0
Taz,
I think you have it. I too thought that they were spokes outta some metal wheel of some type, I'll post this one as Solved.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back