Unknown bullet, tool Russellville, Arkansas

INDIANMANIAC

Jan 28, 2007
Hey here are my what's its from 2006? 1.A bullet with a ring of fine lines, and spaced out lines running from it to the end. Found in Shiloh Park - Russellville, AR.(looks like a hollowed back on it, It's filled with either rock or petrified bone) 2. Old hand tool approx. 9 inches overall length. Found at old farm site - Rsvl., AR.(I'm guessing 1940's or 50's, Green wooden handle) 3. Sweet-Orr marked button also found at the farmsite.(I'm guessing 1940's or so) Also found a old glass gaby suntan lotion bottle from the 1940's.(It's hard to read the writing on pics or scans(brown and almost 5 inches tall did not post it) I also found several brass shells marked peters robt(I've heard they were when remington was partners with peters as one company from an elder) Anyone that knows anything about the tool, bullet, or any of this stuff?, let's hear it?

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 316
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 321
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 325
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 331
Sweet ORR button... basically off "work cloths" and "uniforms" like boy scout buttons they also manufactured.

A Google search threw a lot of information someone could probebly sift through for more information, but I think the button is late 1800s - early 1900s.

I'll be quickly corrected if I'm wrong! Someone with a button book will be more helpful!

Upvote 0
Don't know what caliber the bullet is, but the cannelure around the base is the crimping groove where the bullet is crimped into the case. The diagonal lines appear to be rifling marks. As close as the cannelure is to the base it probably is a pistol bullet. Not sure but it reminds me of a .45 Auto. Is the bullet jacketed? Monty

Upvote 0
Monty said:
Don't know what caliber the bullet is, but the cannelure around the base is the crimping groove where the bullet is crimped into the case. The diagonal lines appear to be rifling marks. As close as the cannelure is to the base it probably is a pistol bullet. Not sure but it reminds me of a .45 Auto. Is the bullet jacketed? Monty

Monty, Monty! I know you know better than that. This is clearly a jacketed bullet. While I've never loaded jacketed bullets in .45 ACP, (so maybe some do come with crimping grooves) I'm sure you know that you never crimp such rounds, as they headspace on the case mouth. (Cast bullets are beyond scope of this discussion.) It is perfectly appropriate to crimp heavy recoiling calibers that headspace on the rim, e.g. .44Mag.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back