🔎 UNIDENTIFIED UNIDENTIFIED

Conito@55

Jun 1, 2024
Detector(s) used
The Legend
I found it a few months ago. and I have no clues as to what it could be. could it be a buckle? who knows
Screenshot_20240719_182932_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240719_182946_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240719_182958_Gallery.jpg

i would say maybe a belt buckle. By the script on it I would say it refers to a couple deaths
JUST A GUESS

Upvote 1
The writing on the object does not refer to dates-of-death. It actually says:
PATENTS
May 54 Feb. 67
May 68 Nov. 70
Some astute person here could research those US Patent dates and come up with the object's correct ID.
(Sorry, I'm too ill now to do that for you guys any more.)

Upvote 0
PATENTS
May 54 Feb. 67
May 68 Nov. 70
Some astute person here could research those US Patent dates and come up with the object's correct ID.
Thinking of you TCG. Best wishes.

Upvote 4
PATENTS
May 54 Feb. 67
May 68 Nov. 70
no problem. thank you so much

Upvote 1
I believe it is part of a locking latch for a gate, or door. Swivels on the pins, and a lock would go through the loop.

TCG...thoughts are with you......hope your health improves.
respect-062.gif

Upvote 4
It’s from a trunk lock. Those are the dates for Conrad Liebrich’s patents for the lock and subsequent improvements to it. The original patent was granted as “Trunk Lock” on 2nd May 1854 and as “Trunk Lock Hasp”, extended for 7 years on 1st November 1870, as well as “Improvements in Hasps for Trunk Locks” on 26th February 1867.

Liebrich operated the Star Lock Works in Philadelphia until 1869, when he retired and sold the business to Hilldebrand & Wolf as the Star Lock Works, Manufacturers of Trunk Locks, Padlocks, Dead Latches, Door Springs, Keys, etc at 110 South Eighth and Sansom Streets.

I’ve attached the original patent as a pdf file.

Attachments

• Trunk Lock.pdf
    177.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Upvote 6
It’s from a trunk lock. Those are the dates for Conrad Liebrich’s patents for the lock and subsequent improvements to it. The original patent was granted as “Trunk Lock” on 2nd May 1854 and as “Trunk Lock Hasp”, extended for 7 years on 1st Noivember 1870, as well as “Improvements in Hasps for Trunk Locks” on 26th February 1867.

Liebrich operated the Star Lock Works in Philadelphia until 1869, when he retired and sold the business to Hilldebrand & Wolf as the Star Lock Works, Manufacturers of Trunk Locks, Padlocks, Dead Latches, Door Springs, Keys, etc at 110 South Eighth and Sansom Streets.

I’ve attached the original patent as a pdf file.
Now I know what it is. thank you so much. you are the best

Upvote 4

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back