Dec 18, 2012
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Tesoro Compadre
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Found this object in my front yard. It has a green patina indicating some amount of copper composition. It looks like an unfired shotgun shell, but maybe I'm totally off and it is a bolt or something. Also, if it is a shell, is it dangerous?

image-3631954393.jpg

image-1142012424.jpg

image-2613806605.jpg

image-2606700089.jpg

Good observations. Lynch pins (did I spell that right) usually have a hole in the other end to put a pin through to keep them from coming out. A lot of time they are also tapened on one end to get them started through the hitch or area to be fastened easier. I thought it might be filled with something. Can't really tell what it is.

Upvote 0
Some type of SOLID metal PIN!!!!.....................HH

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the replies. I just so happened to find a shell today metal detecting the same spot. The first object is NOT a shell.

image-3064076837.jpg

image-940490357.jpg

Upvote 0
You have some harsh soil!!!!

Upvote 0
The last picture looks like a ignition switch from a car.

The first pic looks like a lipstick tube that you thought was a bullet. Can you help us figure out what it is by showing it to your friends.

If I had it I would take two pliers and clamp the big end and put the other pliers in the middle and twist it. Or the hammer trick in the middle will tell us it's hollow inside.
roger

Upvote 0
(on the last item) Seems a bit small for an ignition switch... Filing cabinet maybe?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The last item IS a shotgun shell. Sorry forgot to mention that.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back