Unexpected find in gold country

tyeechinook

Sep 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeqerude.jpg

Found this in my classifier while panning around Coloma two days ago. It's definitely gold, it was about 8 inches deep in some hard pack in a crack in the bedrock. I also found a bunch of mercury too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Well I'd say you've been blessed ;) Sorry for the bugger who lost it, hopefully they found enough gold to make a new one.

Uncle of mine was panning in Clear Creek years ago and got a toothy surprise :) A gold tooth in the pan. Never know what you'll find. Hahh

Sweet golden find!

I found a gold tooth in a Barnes & Noble parking lot. I just crevassed it out of a crack in the asphalt.

There's some kind of stamp on the back that I can't make out. Maybe from the old gold miners?

I would wear it religiously, while prospecting.

Lets see the marks! sure be nice for a sluicer to get a banner amirite?

Front
ahuby6y4.jpg

Back
atubasaj.jpg

It's astonishing to me what is lost by some and found by others . Nice find . :icon_thumright:

I had claims downriver and found soooo much tourist trash I was really amazed. Chili Joe up on Chili bar dredged up over 1,200+++ lbs of paddles,glasses,garbage,knives,guns,and every piece a junk imagineable. All I found was lotza putback and quite a bit a trash. Kudos on the cross-gold or not as can't read pic??John

I think it either says 18k, or inh? It's so worn I don't know. If it wasn't gold I think it would be corroded like the pennies I found. It was 8 inches down in hard pack right on top of bedrock. I also found a nail that was so rusted, it broke in half.

Thank you all!

I think it either says 18k, or inh? It's so worn I don't know. If it wasn't gold I think it would be corroded like the pennies I found. It was 8 inches down in hard pack right on top of bedrock. I also found a nail that was so rusted, it broke in half.

It probably says INRI which means:
Iesus Nazarenus Rex Iudaeorum, which is Latin for: Jesus of Nazareth, king of the jews.
What a gorgeous little antique budded cross. well found, congrats!

Thank you!

Passed 14k test. Did not pass 18k. Just under 1 gram

Awesome, now to find a vial big enough for gold jewelry. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back