Unbelievable! Was going in the trash.

1wvhunter

Mar 20, 2011
WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Max, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A buddy of mine works as a maintenance worker for a county school system. He was talking to another school worker friend at a local grade school which was doing remodeling of their library and was tossing out items to the dumpster that was unwanted. Look what was going to the dumpster. He saved it from being discarded. Unbelievable they didn't donate to a museum or county library.

Attachments

• 20241001_075059.jpg
    20241001_075059.jpg
    498.3 KB · Views: 47
Upvote 2
Well it was documented history in the frame.

In the world we live in now, it seems that there's a get rid of it, bury it, destroy it, and to rewrite it.

Great save by a person that cares to preserve what history really was.

His timing was amazing, what a great save. That's a nice looking jawbone of a deer. (Edit- Would it be possible to get a better image of the text? Or does someone know how to scan it to make it a document that can be read?)
I was disappointed with my picture quality of the document. I will ask him to take a picture of just the paper and send it to me.

A better picture of the written part would be a great read if possible.
I see you just stated that.

that is probably someone's donated collection that they thought should go into some educational setting... someone who was once connected to the school, perhaps a teacher. So many educators give their entire careers to a single community only to be forgotten and "discarded" when they retire.

His timing was amazing, what a great save. That's a nice looking jawbone of a deer. (Edit- Would it be possible to get a better image of the text? Or does someone know how to scan it to make it a document that can be read?)
First thing I saw was the jaw also. I have a very similar one, never sure if it was a splinter awl or just a bone. Interested if is mentioned in text.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back