Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are a few of the non coin items that I've dug in the last two weeks. A few at a time, but they add up. The Police looking shield commemorates the completion of, at that time, the longest bridge in North America. The Denver Gas & Electric Co. was built in 1910. The medal in the middle appears to be a 1920's era Egyptian good luck charm, made in America. And now for my favorite things to find, the tokens. The one on the far left is a Royal Cigar Store token, from around 1900-1910. The one in the middle is unknown, but will be a good one, if I can attribute it to a Colorado location. The style is from the 1880-1890's. Ah, but the last one, that's the good one.It had me stumped for a while. A few days ago a friend took myself and another buddy up to Leadville to hunt, where he had found some real nice artifacts, as well as a rare token from a ghost town that was near Leadville. We spent almost nine hours walking up and down the mountain side, with nothing to show for it but a great condition Barber dime. (Not my find, of course) At the very, and I mean very end of the day, while I was walking back to the truck, I saw this last token on the ground. It really looks like it has been exposed to the elements for decades. Barely able to read the writing on it, I attempted to clean it when I got home. I could make out some of the words, but barely. I could read "Evijan, and part, but not all, of the last name "Banjamm", which I mistook for a shortened or misspelled "Benjamin" The word on the bottom appeared to be "Town", but with the "O" having a slash run through it like the number 0 will have sometimes. Googleing the name got me nowhere, so I placed it with my other unknown tokens. Today I get a call from John, who asks me if the token might be spelled "Evijan Banjamn" I looked at it closely, and told him that was what it appeared to say. he then informed me that it was a "Bucktown" token, and I'm only the second person to have one. The Colorado Token Book, by Stuart Pritchard has it listed at $500-1000! I'm sure the other one is in better shape, but I've yet to find a token as valuable as this one! More importantly to me is it's the first truly "ghost town" token I've ever dug, mainly digging local Denver tokens. The area that we went to is now covered in about a foot of snow, so I have to wait a while before I can even think of going back up there. Man, do I love tokens!

Attachments

• Badges.jpg
    Badges.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 872
  • Badges#2.jpg
    Badges#2.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 859
  • Bucktown.jpg
    Bucktown.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 881
  • Bucktown#2.jpg
    Bucktown#2.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 881
Upvote 0
Incredible.

This is quite a FINE token post.

And what a find that ghost town token is! I have ONE ghost town token--from WV, believe it or not.

Those are cool--I like the green octagonal one on the left side a lot too... :thumbsup:

-Buck

CARL! 8) You've been busy! Those tokens are the best!

Congrats!! Nana :)

Incredible digs right there. Cool finds for sure. I love that research that was involved as well.. WTG...jgas

Nice tokens, congratulations. I tried hunting at an Ohio ghost town to find some of the tokens from there, but no luck. I've found a few unlisted tokens, but it's been a while since I found a good one. Congrats :thumbsup:

Ugly or not any token find is great... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

How is the weather holding there in Colorado? You hang out with group from GoldenDetectors?

Attachments

• remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 196
  • remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 198

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back