🥇 BANNER U.S. Belt Plate, 18 buttons, 40+ bullets and more

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Guys, been alittle while since I've posted on TNet.. I've been hunting a site that was previously virgin before I began hunting it a few years back. I've taken a couple of friends to this spot over the years and it has produced a LARGE volume of relics but have kept it on the back-burner for a couple years. I've recently started getting back to it and its been producing very well. These are my finds from a couple hours on a few different afternoons thus far.
There's several large pieces of junk brass on this site and you have to dig them because they hit perfectly......well I had just dug two pieces of it and got another signal that was hitting exactly the same and thought it was going to be another piece but when I threw the dirt to the side there face up was a US plate looking up at me. At first I thought it was just a Box Plate because it was caked up with dirt on the back of the plate so much so that I couldn't see the hooks....but when I got it home and removed the dirt I found that it had all 3 hooks still remaining. There's more to be had, between sash buckle wreaths, buttons, and bullets it will keep me busy for awhile. There's probably a couple more plates hiding in there as well. Thanks for looking and HH ;) ;)

Melted Bullet with 3 percussion caps mixed in
7754636100_b35318e15b_z.jpg

7847401054_5e6c23d1e5_z.jpg

Early One-Piece Button
7755589834_a467d39e00_z.jpg

Civil War Campsite Buttons
7848737378_1d4a7595e7.jpg

7848762892_6ccb1404db_z.jpg

Early Button or Cufflink with Foliated Letters ("C.R." or "6th R" etc. At first glance to me and others, it looked like a Regiment of Rifles button but it is tiny at only a meager 11 mm. In addtion, the first worn letter doesn't look like an "R" either)
7742623100_2c4ecdcd2e_c.jpg

7742633426_2abfdcb80d_c.jpg

1852 Three Cent Piece
index.php

US Belt Plate - Just Dug

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Attachments

• CH7.png
    CH7.png
    95.9 KB · Views: 101
  • CH6.jpg
    CH6.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 102
  • CH - Back of Plate.png
    CH - Back of Plate.png
    113.4 KB · Views: 112
  • CH3.jpg
    CH3.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 184
  • CH August 2012.jpg
    CH August 2012.jpg
    413.4 KB · Views: 120
  • 7755589834_a467d39e00_z.jpg
    7755589834_a467d39e00_z.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Upvote 6
Well rub me in butter and call me sally! I vote banner my friend!

Awsome hunt and finds. Looks like a dream site to me. You always make some really nice finds. Thank for sharing them.
HH
TnMtns

WOW! What a haul!:icon_salut: I am currently hunting a camp that has produced everything but a belt or box plate:BangHead: it's just a matter of time! Great job I will give you a Banner vote as well, just remember that when I find my plate:laughing9:! Now get back out there and find some more!!:metaldetector::whip2:

Great stuff! That melted bullet with the perc caps in it is a great piece. Something you NEVER see. Of course, the plate is fantastic, and always nice to have some good buttons. Do you think that flat button with the script letters is "G.R."?

Cheers,

Buck

I agree with Jeff,that is a Banner post,and par for you!!!Great site bud,one that is becoming harder and harder to find,and when ya do,you almost gain a "friendship",with it....or maybe I am weird?I know .......

Thanks Cody my friend. :occasion14:

wow. all of those relics are fantastic. I'm sure there's more too! congrats.

Very nice, I think I would be spending many hours at the spot!

Wow!!!! this gets me fired up to see, and lots of hope for more good hunts here.

Now hats off to you.

Here in Vermont I dont get to see too much Civil War stuff so excuse me if I am a little jealous......

Awsome day of digging !

VPR

Thanks Vermontpackrat :occasion14:

Man, those are some great finds... Congrats :icon_thumright:

Thanks Wldbil and as always, it's good to see you :icon_thumright:

Talk about some nice relics. Congrats to you my brother!

Matt, thanks buddy! We miss you over on the forum, hope to see you soon! :occasion14:

Wow! Those are very nice finds. If I had found that buckle I'd been dancing around like a darn fool. Congratulations!

Thanks GaRebel. What part of Georgia are you from?

Great stuff! That melted bullet with the perc caps in it is a great piece. Something you NEVER see. Of course, the plate is fantastic, and always nice to have some good buttons. Do you think that flat button with the script letters is "G.R."?

Cheers,

Buck

Will, indeed I do. IN fact, that was the very first thing that I said when I cleaned it and looked closely at iit but my wife said she didn't see it......so I'm glad another set of eyes see's that it looks like it could in fact be a "G.R." as well. Thanks buddy.

Last edited:
That's an amazing hunt, big congrats!
I love those buttons! Looks like in one of the pics there is one button with the eagle in good shape too!

Congrats on some GREAT finds. Good job. Tennessee digger

Thanks Tennessee Digger, I appreciate it buddy and I am looking forward to seeing you make some more Fine Civil War finds in Tennessee this fall too :occasion14:

What kind of depth are most of these relics? Are you digging in the woods or a field? Lastly, what type of digging tools are you using?

Most of these are between 4 and 8 inches.....but some are at 9-12 inches. This site has alittle of both. I use a Lesche digging tool

WOW! What a haul!:icon_salut: I am currently hunting a camp that has produced everything but a belt or box plate:BangHead: it's just a matter of time! Great job I will give you a Banner vote as well, just remember that when I find my plate:laughing9:! Now get back out there and find some more!!:metaldetector::whip2:

LOL thanks man and you're right, there's one hiding somewhere in that Arkansas dirt I'm sure. Don't worry, I'll remember you.....i look forward to seeing more finds this fall from your neck of the woods :occasion14:

Nice job Josh!

Hey thanks Richard, look forward to seeing you in the near future my friend :icon_thumleft:

wow. all of those relics are fantastic. I'm sure there's more too! congrats.

Thanks buddy.

Very nice, I think I would be spending many hours at the spot!

Thank you Cru, you know it, these are the spots that hours pass by in what seems like minutes:occasion14:

Wow!!!! this gets me fired up to see, and lots of hope for more good hunts here.

Now hats off to you.

Thanks got2dig. Nothing wrong with that, keeping the "detecting" blood going is a good thing!

That's an amazing hunt, big congrats!
I love those buttons! Looks like in one of the pics there is one button with the eagle in good shape too!

Thank you Nutriasub, yes, I was happy with the way alot of these Eagle buttons came out. Some were "ratty" but the vast majority were in decent to very good shape.

Last edited:
Congrats on some awesome finds. What a thrill to have access to a site like that. What detector were you using? I have a T2SE and a MXT too. I've been really liking the T2 lately, so much that my MXT is collecting dust.

What a site! Killer finds there! Cw sites are one thing i'd like to dig too.

Outstanding assortment of relics Josh! I think you pretty much covered the gamut with that site. Only thing left is a gold coin ........

Simply amazing Josh! Posts like this gives some of the rest of us the "eye candy" we will probably not dig or maybe dig just a small fraction of!! The stamped brass wreath is a favorite for me as you well know!!! Sites like these are out there and can be worked and reworked as you just proved!!!! Keep at it and you have my vote as well!!!!!

IM

Man! what a group of finds.........................HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back