U guys made me $ at store...

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Upvote 0
My basic policy is that if I notice the error while standing there in the store, I make the situation right. Once I leave the store, if I haven't noticed it by then, I probably won't notice it at all. Once when leaving a beach several years ago, I found a paperback novel lying next to my car in the parking lot. I picked it up out of curiosity, and low and behold, the person who dropped it was using his paycheck for a bookmark! The address was not far from where I lived, and I actually recognized the street name, so I drove it over to his house. The kid who dropped the book was a lifeguard at the beach, and the look on his face and his gushing gratitude (and disbelief that someone would drive it to his house!) was all the thanks I needed, and while I cast no judgements on anyones decision, I just feel that the feeling you get when playing the good samaritan FAR outweighs any small monetary gain! Happy holidays, and happy hunting!

first time poster also. i wouldn't worry about a small amount as that. they probally received it as a quarter.

Hey we got three first timers for .75! That has got to be a bargan at twice the price! Wellcome all. I have in the past pointed out change back errors but I must admit they were at friends of mine stores. I would like to think I would give back a real mistake. Cladius.

I have to say there is a difference between a little extra change gotten by accident and deliberate theft. It is what it is, and it isn't what it isn't. $.75 isn't worth the worry. If people worried as much about the way they come across to other people, and consider passing on pleasant words and kindnesses, this would be a far better world. Merry Christmas! ;)

I had a bank make a big mistake.

I went to the drive through window to deposit my paycheck one time. The girl sent me the deposit receipt and the same am out in cash!

I sent the cash back in the tube and told her what she had done, she was so embarrassed.

I guess they would have caught it anyway that evening....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back